Kanakaris Makes The Rounds
- AK.TV channel. Berger, Robin // Electronic Media;05/14/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 20, p14
Focuses on the interactive television channel AK.TV which was created by Kanakaris Wireless. Viewing of the channel worldwide from multiple platforms such as cellular phones, pocket computers and game consoles; Use of an encoding technology called CinemaWEAR; Use of content provided by...
- One Every Three Minutes. // Wireless Week;11/13/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 46, p24
Reports on the rate of subscription at Kanakaris Wireless since launching its subscription-only access to CinemaPop.com on November 1, 2000. Subscription rate; Products offered by Kanakaris.
- Kanakaris Wireless Buys LA Film School. Bloom, Roger // Orange County Business Journal;6/4/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 23, p11
Reports on Kanakaris Wireless' acquisition of the Los Angeles Film School.
- Business Clients Go Wireless. // Wireless Week;02/26/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 9, p18
Deals with the service being offered by Kanakaris Wireless that offer its business clients the ability to create wireless versions of the company's Web sites. Technology clients can use to create their wireless sites.
- Leading us into the New Millennium. Brooks, George // Equities;Nov/Dec99, Vol. 47 Issue 7, p29
Focuses on Internet firm Kanakaris Communications and its head, cyberguru Alex Kanakaris. Changes within the company since its introduction to the investment world in 1998; Success of Kanakaris' Web site; Management staff include Branch Lotspeich as president of Kanakaris' Descience division;...
- NetBooks.com Offers E-Books, Print on Demand. Patrick, Diane // Publishers Weekly;9/27/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 39, p13
Reports on the plans of Netbooks.com to add digital titles to its online book catalogue. Features of its book catalogue; Number of titles offered by the site; Comments from Alex Kanakaris, chief executive officer of the book firm.
- KANAKARIS WIRELESS LAUNCHES ALL-REVENUE MOVIE WEB SITE. // Worldwide Videotex Update;Jun2002, Vol. 21 Issue 6, pN.PAG
Reports on the 100 percent revenue business model of Kanakaris Wireless, an online motion picture provider, for its online movie Web site CinemaPop and will utilize its own Play-for-Pay technology and a platform built with Microsoft .Net technology. Benefit offered by the format to users;...
- New Products To Bolster Restructured Alesis' Evolution. Walsh, Christopher // Billboard;06/23/2001, Vol. 113 Issue 25, p56
Reports on the acquisition of Alesis Studio Electronics, maker of recording equipment, by Jack O'Donnell, president of Numark Industries. Plans for the restructuring of Alesis; Description of new equipment to be unveiled by Alesis; Intention of Kanakaris Wireless to acquire the Los Angeles Film...
- Intervisual Sheds Video Unit; Posts Loss. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;4/22/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 16, p20
Presents information on the acquisition of Fast Forward Marketing, a video distribution unit of Intervisual Books, by Kanakaris Wireless Corp. Value of the transaction; Losses incurred by Fast Forward in 2000 and 2001; Implication of the sale of Fast Forward for Intervisual.