Lawmakers Turn Talk Into Action
- Budget Sidesteps Spectrum Snit. // Wireless Week;02/14/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 7, p15
Discusses the role of the United States Federal Communications Commission to reclaim spectrum licenses held by telecommunications companies that go bankrupt. Reaction of the House on its role; Alternative on how to reclaim the licenses.
- PCS auction shatters record. Stern, Christopher // Broadcasting & Cable;12/12/94, Vol. 124 Issue 50, p14
Reports on the Federal Communications Commission's auction for personal communications services (PCS) licenses. Money raised in the government auction; Proposal for alternative uses for the money raised; Partnership formed between bidders.
- 700 MHz sale postponed. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;08/07/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 32, p1
Informs that the United States Federal Communications Commission delayed the auction of commercial licenses in the 700 MHz band, while proceeding with plans to auction licenses for guard-band managers and proposing service rules for public-safety uses on the same band.
- PCS license limbo. // Telephony;11/02/98, Vol. 235 Issue 18, p48
Informs that the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has lost the right for now to licenses currently tied up in litigation.
- FCC adopts date, rules for 220MHz service. // Mobile Radio Technology;Jul98, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p42
Reports on the United States Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) rescheduling of the auction date for the 220MHz-222MHz licenses. Issuance of the Memorandum of Opinion and Order on Reconsideration; Comment by Alan Shark, president of the American Mobile Telecommunications Association.
- FCC clarifies ULS forms. // RCR;06/22/98, Vol. 17 Issue 25, p18
Reports that the United States Federal Communications Commission has clarified that paging carriers cannot use Form 900 when electronically renewing their licenses through the Universal Licensing System (ULS). Forms that should be used when renewing through ULS; Information on Form 900; Details...
- FCC approves ULS rules. // RCR;09/21/98, Vol. 17 Issue 38, p8
Reports that the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has approved rules implementing the universal licensing system. Dismissal of 50,000 multiple address system applications; Comments from FCC Chairman Bill Kennard; Proposal by the FCC to redesignate portions of the 18 GHz...
- Lawsuit could delay next PCS auction. O'Shea, Dan // Telephony;3/6/95, Vol. 228 Issue 10, p1
Reports on the delay in the US Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) entrepreneurs' block auction for personal communication services licenses as the FCC and prospective bidders waited for court action on a lawsuit alleging that the auction is unconstitutional. Details of the planned...
- Next PCS auction due in August. // Telephony;5/8/95, Vol. 228 Issue 19, p10
Announces the Federal Communications Commission's auction of personal communications services (PCS) licenses starting on August 2, 1995. Deadline for submission of bidding applications.