C-Block PCS: Small Carriers Headed For Museum Of History?
- C block saga continues. Gohring, Nancy // Telephony;08/31/98, Vol. 235 Issue 9, p14
Reports that the United States Federal Communications Commission has set a March 1999 deadline for the reauction of Personal Communication Service (PSC) C block spectrum. Comparison with the original auction; Ceiling set for the minimum opening bids; Upfront payment amount per megaHertz per pop.
- 300-plus licenses returned. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;06/22/98, Vol. 17 Issue 25, p1
Reports that many C-block personal communications services licensees will be returning their licenses to the United States Federal Communications Commission. Factors which contributed to the decision to return the licenses; Number of licenses which will be returned; Comments form Perry Walter,...
- FCC to demo remote bidding processes. // RCR;09/21/98, Vol. 17 Issue 38, p48
Reports on the plans of the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to demonstrate its auctions bidding software, electronic filing processes and Internet accessibility at Personal Communications Showcase (PCS) 1998 in Orlando, Florida. When the PCS 1998 conference will be held;...
- Storm continues to follow C-block into reauction process. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;01/18/99, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p14
Discusses the plans of the United States Federal Communications Commission to reauction 134 15-megahertz and 208 30-megahertz C-block licenses along three D-, six E- and five F-block licenses on March 23, 1999. Difficulties experienced in financing the reauctions; Concerns on the rates of...
- Appeals court eliminates parts of pay phone rule. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR;07/07/97, Vol. 16 Issue 27, p5
Reports that a federal appeals court in Washington, struck down key provisions of the Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) pay-phone decision. What the FCC rejected; Comments from Rob Hoggarth, senior vice president of Personal Communications Industry Association (PCIA); Speculation of...
- Rioting breaks out in the C block. Meyers, Jason // Telephony;3/11/96, Vol. 230 Issue 11, p12
Reports that bidders in the US Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) C block auction for personal communication services licenses were questioning the legitimacy of their entrepreneurial foes. Concerns on the nondisclosure of company resources; Qualifications for bidders; Highest bidders.
- C Block payments come due. // Telephony;10/07/96, Vol. 231 Issue 15, p82
Reports that several more winners of C Block PCS licenses have defaulted on their second bid payments to the Federal Communications Commission.
- FCC To Decide This Month About Re-Auction Rules. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;03/06/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p6
Focuses on the decision of the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to announce its regulations on personal communication device licenses. Impact of a possible FCC decision on re-auctioning personal communication services; Issues of contention in FCC re-auction of license.
- Group lobbies FCC to delay PCS auction in light of rule changes. Wayne, Debra // RCR;7/15/96, Vol. 15 Issue 28, p2
Reports on the efforts of members of the National Paging & Personal Communications Association (NPPCA) to persuade the Federal Communications Commission to stop the D-, E- and F-block personal communications services (PCS). Rule removing special bidding considerations; Reaction of FCC to...