Out Of Power? Walk This Way . .
- SUPER CHARGED. Marsden, Rhodri // Business Traveller (Asia-Pacific Edition);Jul/Aug2012, p66
The article evaluates three chargers including the 1X Mat for Blackberry HKS998/2X Mat with Powercube from Powermats, emergency mobile phone from Spare One Phone, and Powertrekk charger.
- WPC Charges Forward with Qi Standard. BERG, ANDREW // Wireless Week;Aug2012, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p11
An interview with Menno Treffers, Wireless Power Consortium (WPC) chairman, is presented. When asked about solving the Qi wireless charging standard problem of WPC, he says that WPC wanted consumers to charge their devices without the trouble of cords and wires. He states that Qi-enabled...
- Charger firms mad for graduates' magic mat. // Professional Engineering;11/27/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 22, p12
Reports on the business and industry implications of the manufacture of a phone charger by two engineering graduates in Great Britain. Details about the technology and their inventors; Performance of the phone charger; Complaints by telecom companies; Implications for the wireless industry.
- Wireless Charging In Mobile Devices through Amplitude Modulated Waves. Pratik, R.; Anand, M. B. Prem; Raja, C. Pandia // International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science;May2011, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p332
The next generation of mobile devices is on the horizon. Moving well beyond the voice centric model, the mobile devices allow consumers to enjoy features as robust web- browsing, audio and video playback and streaming, rich gaming, video conferencing and mobile access to e-mail and personal...
- Standards Battle Heats Up as Wireless Charging Market Booms. WHYTOCK, PAUL // Microwaves & RF;Sep2014, Vol. 53 Issue 9, p38
The article focuses on the implications of wireless charging market growth in Europe. It reports on three standardization bodies fighting for a leading position in the wireless charging market. The Power Matters Alliance, The Wireless Power Consortium (WPC) and Alliance for Wireless Power. It...
- Simulating Wireless Handset Battery Impedance with Battery Simulator/Chargers. Lowe, Roland // Wireless Design & Development;Jul2000, Vol. 8 Issue 7, p8
Discusses the simulation of wireless handset battery impedance with battery simulators or chargers. Source impedance of cells in batteries; Variable impedance output and battery channel in Keithly's Model 2302/2306; Methods for determining the internal source impedance of a cell or battery...
- A4WP Amps Rezence Wireless Charging Spec Up To 50 Watts. Laposky, John // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;6/16/2014, Vol. 29 Issue 12, p40
The article reports on the decision of wireless technology developer Alliance for Wireless Power (A4WP) to increase its Rezence wireless charging standard to 50 watts in 2014.
- Svelte Battery Converter/Charger Snuggles Into Bluetooth Accessories. // Electronic Design;4/28/2005, Vol. 53 Issue 9, p30
This article presents information on Svelte battery converter/charger from Texas Instruments Inc. Imagine designing a converter/ charger with an integrated power FET for lithium-ion or lithium-polymer cells in Bluetooth headsets and accessories. Then, try making it work from either an ac adapter...
- PRODUCT SHOWCASE. // Wireless Design & Development;Aug2006, Vol. 14 Issue 8, pS-3
This section provides information on several products used in wireless communication systems including CardMan 4321 smart card reader from Omnikey, the 1-A, 1-cell Li-Ion battery charger from Texas Instruments and HBT power amplifiers from Mimix Broadband Inc.