- Coverage call. Haase, Nicole // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);5/31/2004, Vol. 24 Issue 49, p29
Examines the value of getting a wireless phone insurance in Louisiana. Rates for wireless insurance plans available in the state, such as plans offered by Alltel, AT&T, Cingular, Nextel, Sprint, USCellular and Verizon; Verizon's offer of insurance through a third party; Advice for cell phone...
- Banking On Foot Traffic. Brown, Karen // Wireless Week;5/15/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p30
Focuses on the move of wireless carriers in the U.S. to integrate their wireless products into retail outlets. Reason for the move of the wireless carriers; Advantage of displaying wireless products in retail outlets; Strategies employed by the Alltel company in advertising their wireless...
- Rate-Plan Analysis. Young, Deborah // Wireless Review;03/15/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p44
Focuses on the rate-plan analysis for cellular phones. Information on the Always Up2Date Guarantee plan of Alltel; Services of MyRatePlan.com Web site; Use of Web-based rate plan analysis by wireless carriers.
- Wireless data slowly extending to prepaid. Hill, Kelly // RCR Wireless News;2/13/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p1
The article reports on the availability of mobile Internet access and multimedia messaging to prepaid cellular telephone subscribers in the U.S. Young consumers are the major users of prepaid services. Alltel Corp. is planning to offer high-end telephones to prepaid customers. Several mobile...
- Bullish on Bundles. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;6/1/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p11
Focuses on the efforts of regional wireless operators to find ways to differentiate their offerings from Tier 1 mobile-to-mobile calling plans in the U.S. Aim of Cincinnati Bell when it launched its Unlimited Everyday Calling plan; Features of the My Circle plan introduced by Alltel; Coverage...
- WINDOWS-FLAVORED. // Farm Industry News;Mar2006, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p32
The article evaluates the Palm Treo 700w smartphone and offers information on features, advantage and cost.
- Technology and the Solo Practitioner--Part 1. Weber, Richard M. // Journal of Financial Service Professionals;Nov2006, Vol. 60 Issue 6, p41
This article provide a product review of the Palm Treo 700P mobile phone that is offered by Sprint, Verizon and Cingular, which also includes wireless broadband capacity, email connectivity and is equipped with Bluetooth technology.
- Interview with Paul E. JACOBS. PUJOL, Frédéric // Communications & Strategies;2013 2nd Quarter, Issue 90, p127
An interview with Paul E. Jacobs, chairman and chief executive officer (CEO) of Qualcomm, is presented. When asked about he role of the company in resolving the problem of mobile data traffic increase, he divulges that more spectrum, cells and greater efficiency will be pursued. He discusses the...
- 2.5G Handsets. Schaller, Lane // Wireless Review;01/15/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p36
Deals with the application of 2.5 generation technology in communication handsets. Areas of differences among handsets; How the differences affect handsets; Public concerns over connectivity.