A New Qwest: Less Choice?
- Not-so-retiring retirees decry US West merger. Kahn, Sharon // Treasury & Risk Management;Mar2000, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p16
Highlights the attempt by telephone company US West Inc.'s former employees to block its merger with Qwest Communications International to protect their pension plan. Effort to ensure that US West Inc's retirement plan to remain overfunded; Preparation of a filing with the United States Federal...
- What is your Qwest? Rundles, Jeff // ColoradoBiz;Aug2000, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p81
Comments on the acquisition of telecommunications service provider US West company by Qwest company. Views on merger and acquisition activity in telecommunication industry; Implication of the merger deal in the communication service industry.
- QWEST'S BEHIND-THE-SCENES MERGER MANEUVER. Rohde, David // Network World;05/01/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 18, p40
Discusses the efforts of Qwest Communications to present its merger with US West with no anticompetitive potential. Divestiture of some business units; Plans to sell the western long-distance business.
- Qwest merger with U S West slowly moves forward. Smith, Hilary // RCR;04/24/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 17, p25
Discusses the prospect for completion of the merger between telecommunication firms Qwest Communications International Inc. and US West Inc. United States laws that posed a threat to the completion of the merger; Regulatory approval granted by Minnesota to the telecommunication firms.
- The Playground Brawl Finale. Labarba, Liane H. // Telephony;07/26/99, Vol. 237 Issue 4, p8
Focuses on the merger between Qwest Communications and US West. Terms of the deal; Challenges faced by the merged company; Comments from Mike Smith, managing director at Stratecast Partners, on the merger.
- Global Crossing-Frontier to merge as Qwest withdraws. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;08/02/99-08/09/99, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p26
Reports on the merger agreement between Qwest Communications International Inc. and US West Inc. Withdrawal by Qwest of its offer to acquire Frontier Corp. and US West Inc. of Global Crossing; Business specialization.
- Deutsche Telekom Pulls Bid. Ryan, Vincent // Telephony;03/13/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 11, p8
Focuses on the takeover deal of Qwest Communications by European carrier Deutsche Telekom. Objection of U S West on the merger; Implication of the merger; Information on Deutsche Telekom.
- Qwest takes U S West; Frontier drops cellular interests. Beckman, Kristen // RCR;07/26/99, Vol. 18 Issue 30, p18
Reports that Qwest Communications Inc. will acquire U S West Inc. and dropped its bid for Frontier Corp. Plans of Frontier Corp. and Global Crossing Ltd. to go ahead with their merger agreement originally agreed in March 1999; Benefits of the acquisitions to the companies.
- Utah tech watch. Politis, David // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;03/13/2000, Vol. 29 Issue 38, p29
Focuses on the planned mergers in the telecommunications industry in Utah. Barriers to the merger between US West and Qwest Communications Inc; Apparent interest of German Deutsche Telekom in acquiring Qwest.