Diverticulitis: Current management strategies
- Clinical pathways for general surgeons: Elective colectomy for recurrent acute diverticulitis. // American Surgeon;Jul98, Vol. 64 Issue 7, p698
Presents clinical pathways for general surgeons performing elective colectomy for recurrent acute diverticulitis. Medical intervention; Assessment; Tests; Medications/treatments; Discharge planning.
- Diverticulosis and Diverticulitis. Leyton, Edward // Alive: Canada's Natural Health & Wellness Magazine;Jan2002, Issue 231, p18
Presents information on diverticulosis and diverticulitis. Causes; Treatment; Importance of fiber in the prevention of diverticulosis.
- Surgical Diverticulitis: Treatment Options. Maggard, Melinda A.; Chandler, Charles F.; Schmit, Paul J.; Bennion, Robert S.; Hines, O Joe; Thompson, Jesse E. // American Surgeon;Dec2001, Vol. 67 Issue 12, p1185
Acute diverticulitis requiring surgical intervention has conventionally been treated by resection with colostomy or delayed resection with primary anastomosis at a second admission. Our objective was to determine the outcome for treatment of diverticulitis with resection and primary anastomosis...
- Duodenal Diverticulitis Mimicking Cholangitis: Endoscopic and EUS Appearance. Luz, Leticia Perondi; Eloubeidi, Mohamad A // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Aug2009, Vol. 104 Issue 8, p2125
A letter to the editor is presented regarding the case of a 58-year-old woman with duodenal diverticulitis and she was treated.
- Endoscopic transluminal abscess drainage for Hinchey II colonic diverticulitis. Kosugi, Chihiro; Koda, Keiji; Yasuda, Hideki; Suzuki, Masato; Yamazaki, Masato; Tezuka, Tohru; Imai, Kenichiro; Hirano, Atsushi // International Journal of Colorectal Disease;Sep2012, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p1239
A letter to the editor is presented which discusses the two medical cases of colonic diverticulitis with Hinchey stage II that were effectively treated by endoscopic transluminal abscess drainage.
- Stick with the specialists! J.G. // Medical Update;Aug97, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p4
Presents study findings that diverticulitis patients treated by gastroenterologists experienced shorter hospital stays and a lower risk of readmission than patients treated by family practitioners or internists. Findings as evidence that subspecialty care is beneficial for patients as well as...
- Doubts about divergence disease. Littlewood, E.R.; Ornstein, M.H.; Baird, I. McClean; Cox, A.G. // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);12/5/1981, Vol. 283 Issue 6305, p1524
Investigates the effectivity of bran for the treatment of diverticular disease in Great Britain. Popularity of dietary fiber for the treatment of the disease; Relation between colonic function and diverticular disease; Effectivity of the combined anxiolytic agents for the treatment of the disease.
- ask the doctor. // Natural Solutions;Apr2010, Issue 124, p27
The article presents an answer to a question of how to treat diverticulitis condition naturally.
- Nutrition Hotline. Mangels, Reed // Vegetarian Journal;2011, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p2
An answer is provided to a question of whether a person with diverticulosis can consume beans and other vegan foods.