Renewed focus on low-carbon economy
- INSTITUTIONS AND ENERGY POLICY. // Global Energy Market Research: Malaysia;Sep2012, p3
The article offers information on several energy institutions and their energy policies in Malaysia. It states that energy policies for renewables, electricity, and energy conservation are being implemented by the Ministry of Energy, Green Technology and Water (KeTTHA). It mentions that the...
- Pressure mounts to Boost Renewable Energy in the EU. // Coal International;Jul/Aug99, Vol. 247 Issue 4, p114
Reports on the campaign of the European Commission to boost renewable energy. Objective of the initiative; Percentage of investment that will come from private sources.
- The UK Renewable Obligation. Lloyd, Adrian // Power Economics;Jan2001, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p21
Analyzes the Labour Party-led British government's renewable energy policy. Development of the Labour policy; Plans of the government to apply renewable obligation to electricity suppliers; Reactions of market players to the government's policy.
- Making renewables support schemes sustainable. // European Power News;May99, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p23
Reports on the European Commission's issuance of a working paper on electricity from renewables and the single electricity market. Outlining of harmonization requirements to boost the single European power market; Importance of a price support mechanism and a stable regulatory environment;...
- Energy Reform: Fostering Renewable Energy. Lopez-Velarde, Rogelio; Valdez, Amanda // Power;May2010, Vol. 154 Issue 5, p76
The article reports on the series of reforms conducted by the Mexican Congress to the legal framework of the country's oil and gas industry and renewable energy sources in Mexico.
- Lest the lights go out... Grove-Palmer, Clive // New Scientist;9/10/94, Vol. 143 Issue 1942, p42
Calls for a British energy policy that focuses on the development of renewable sources of energy. Results of government-funded research on and development of alternative energy sources.
- MPs call for tougher green targets. // Utility Week;3/22/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p6
Reports that the British Members of Parliament called for higher targets for energy efficiency and green power than those recommended in the government's energy review in March 2002. Target for renewable energy sources; Costs generated by nuclear reactors.
- Guatemala goes solar. // Earth Island Journal;Spring92, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p13
Features a program announced by the Scott Sklar, executive director of the US Export Council for Renewable Energy (ECRE) and Guatemalan Energy Minister Carlos Leonel Huarte Castro to bring solar and renewable energy to the people of rural Guatemala.
- Commission scraps renewables directive. // European Power News;Dec99, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p1
Reports on the European Commission's intention to scrap much of the content of its draft directive on renewable energy sources, resulting in a delay in the adoption of the directive by member states. Commission's request to the Worldwide Fund for Nature to provide the wording of certain...