chapter 5: Business Environment
- Iran. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;10/11/96, Vol. 40 Issue 41, p31
Reports on Iran's decision to shift its trade away from Germany and Japan. Willingness of France and Italy to improve trading terms with Iran; Increase in British exports to Iran; Decline in German and Japanese exports to Iran.
- Iran. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;01/23/98, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p20
Presents information as it relates to business and economic activity in Iran. Information on the budget for 1998/99 regarding oil revenues; Insight on oil and gas investments; Requests made by Iran in relation to allegation posed by the United States.
- Iran. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;1/17/1997, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p22
Reports on various developments in Iran. Includes on the damage suffered by the SAIPA car maker's warehouses in a fire; City of Qazvin given the status of a province; Labor Ministry's order for employers to dismiss foreign workers, mostly Afghans; Oil swap deal between Kazakhstan;...
- Iran. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;11/22/1996, Vol. 40 Issue 47, p24
Presents developments related to commerce in Iran as of the week of November 22, 1996. Includes the signing of a memorandum with Russia and Turkmenistan in developing hydrocarbons around the Caspian Sea; Bandar Khomeini petrochemical complex's commissioning of an aromatic unit; Oil swap deal...
- Iran. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;09/19/97, Vol. 41 Issue 38, p13
Reports on the recovery of Iran's exports and imports in the first half of 1997. Countries contributing to the growth of Iranian exports and imports; Reductions in Iran's imports in the mid-1990s.
- In brief: Iran. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;9/4/1998, Vol. 42 Issue 36, p22
Presents news briefs relating to business activities in Iran as published in September 1998. Predictions for oil refinery output, according to Mohammed Aqaie, deputy oil minister for oil refining and distribution; How much China Non-Ferrous Metal Industry's Foreign Engineering and Construction...
- Iran. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;3/20/1998, Vol. 42 Issue 12, p25
Announces that the fall in oil prices and seasonal demand for hard currency have driven down the black market value of the rail for 1998 in Iran. Enforcement of strict price controls in shops in early March; Information on the black market rate on the dollar in early March; Comparison of the...
- Sins of the sons? Stanglin, Douglas; Cooperman, Alan // U.S. News & World Report;1/30/95, Vol. 118 Issue 4, p22
Reports that Baghdad has turned to an old enemy--Iran--to help raise cash. Worsening economy due to five-year-old United Nations trade embargo; Sources which say substantial quantities of oil are being smuggled through Iran and sold on the world market; Iraqi President Saddam Hussein's son,...
- Iran. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;11/22/1996, Vol. 40 Issue 47, p23
Reports on France's plan to increase its trade with Iran. Tehran's plan to buy ten Airbus airliners and an Iranian satellite; Increase in French exports to Iran.