UVC Helps Institute Keep Indoor Air, Cooling-Tower Makeup Water Clean
- News of Science. B. B. // New Republic;8/9/43, Vol. 109 Issue 6, p196
Emphasizes on the utility of the science of electronics in the development of the world. Importance of electronics in war-time; New uses for the electronic tube; Explanation on the simplicity of basic principles of electronics; Projected applicability of electronics in post-war world; Role...
- Clean, dry air is money in the bank. Nick, Michael // Hydraulics & Pneumatics;Jul2009, Vol. 62 Issue 7, p24
The article focuses on how to prevent contamination and condensation when generating compressed air in pneumatic systems. It outlines different types of contamination which include atmospheric dirt, water vapor, and condensed water. It indicates that drying the air can involve trapping condensed...
- Convection towers to rinse out urban smog. Dane, Abe; Pope, Greg // Popular Mechanics;Feb93, Vol. 170 Issue 2, p15
States that Melvin Prueitt, a physicist from Los Alamos National Laboratories, believes that 500-ft.fabric-skinned towers could function as giant air purifiers. How system would work; Hopes to build demonstration unit.
- Air-purifying units. // Materials Management in Health Care;Sep96, Vol. 5 Issue 9, p73
Reports on the release in the United States of air-purifying units whose use of ultraviolet light kills up to 99.99 percent of most airborne infectious bacteria.
- Air purifiers offer multiple-filter cleaning. // Journal of Environmental Health;Dec1993, Vol. 56 Issue 5, p46
Reports that Environmental Pure Air Systems is offering air purifiers that can perform multiple cleaning functions. Features; Advantages.
- Wet scrubber has wide temperature range. // Foundry Management & Technology;Jul93, Vol. 121 Issue 7, p18
Presents Mon-Cyr Environmental Systems' Variable Volume Venturi (VVV) wet scrubber system. Effectiveness; Applications for pollution control; User companies; Technical description.
- Portable air cleaner designed for maximum efficiency. // Modern Machine Shop;Oct95, Vol. 68 Issue 5, p227
Features the PAC III, a portable electronic industrial air cleaner for Trion Inc. Machine design; Features; Contact information.
- Electronic air cleaners. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;4/11/94, Vol. 191 Issue 15, p12
Presents a graph on the shipment of electronic air cleaners from 1988 to 1993.
- Air purification. // American School & University;Jul93, Vol. 65 Issue 11, p51
Features the Oxy-Gen Purification Model D-100 from Kleen-Air. Reduction of airborne odors, gases and VOCs through oxidation; Oxygen saturation; Suitability to HVAC systems; Plug-in assembly allowing the unit to move when the user moves.