Measuring IAQ Parameter
- Optimal Whole-House Ventilation. // Green Builder Magazine;Aug2015, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p17
The article discusses how to chose an optimal whole-house ventilation system for an existing home to improve indoor air quality and buildings' longevity.
- IOA & High Performance. Persily, Andrew K.; Emmerich, Steven J. // ASHRAE Journal;Oct2010, Vol. 52 Issue 10, p76
The article discusses the significance of indoor air quality (IAQ) in energy-efficient buildings. It explores the impact of IAQ on the building occupants' health, productivity and comfort, and suggests the provision of adequate levels of ventilation. Several challenges associated with the...
- Evaluation on screening strategies for indoor air quality assessments in air-conditioned offices. Wong, L. T.; Mui, K. W.; Hui, P. S. // Building Services Engineering Research & Technology;Aug2009, Vol. 30 Issue 3, p203
Unsatisfactory indoor air quality (IAQ) in air-conditioned offices would make the occupants uncomfortable and lead to productivity loss. Strategic IAQ monitoring and assessment conducted with optimised resources for representative pollutants and air sampling are developed. This study proposes a...
- Specifying air curtains for savings and performance. Johnson, David // Consulting-Specifying Engineer;Apr2009, Vol. 45 Issue 4, Special section p18
The article focuses on the air curtains which provide a controlled stream of air across a building entrance or doorway to separate interior and exterior environments. They can provide low-first cost and low total cost of ownership for entrances, loading doors and other applications. In addition,...
- the bottom line. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;6/25/2007, Vol. 231 Issue 8, p20
The article focuses on the reaction of Tom Heidel, Broan-Nutone Indoor Air Quality & Controls product manager, to the assessment of Ken Summers regarding powered attic ventilators (PAVs) in the U.S. Heidel stated that there is a rapid loss of conditioned air that causes concerns about the lack...
- Comfort Conditioning & Indoor Air Quality. Ty Newell; Newell, Ben // ASHRAE Journal;May2011, Vol. 53 Issue 5, p78
While Ty and Deb Newell were in Las Vegas for the ASHRAE Winter Conference, Equinox House was switched "off." Everything except the refrigerator and a data acquisition system were turned off. Piping would freeze in most homes in central Illinois without power during January, but not in Equinox...
- Optimizing Supply Air Temperature with ASHRAE 62.1. Darwiche, Abdel-Kader; Shaik, Samivullah // ASHRAE Transactions;2010, Vol. 116 Issue 2, p33
No abstract available.
- Wireless Control of Residential HVAC Systems for Energy Efficient and Comfortable Homes. Hui Li; Lingying Zhao; Ling, Peter // ASHRAE Transactions;2010, Vol. 116 Issue 2, p355
No abstract available.
- Icy poles win cool air for Manly. // Lamp;2009, Vol. 66 Issue 3, p9
The article reports on the installment of reverse-cycle air conditioning units which is expected to take place during the summer of 2009 in all hospital wards in Manly Hopital in Australia. The units are being installed as a result of a protest in which nurses and midwives marched with blocks of...