Taking the LEED
- WHAT IS PLATINUM CERTIFICATION? Bertagnoli, Lisa // Crain's Chicago Business;4/27/2015, Vol. 38 Issue 17, p0017
The article reports that Method, maker of eco-friendly soaps and cleaning products located in San Francisco, California, received the U.S. Green Building Council's Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Platinum certification after earning 85 points from the agency.
- To Lead or Not to LEED? Sheffield, Thomas // Tennessee Tribune;11/27/2014, Vol. 25 Issue 48, p11A
The article offers the author's view on the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification developed by the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC).
- USGBC to Hand Over LEED Certification Process to GBCI. GERFEN, KATIE // Architect;Sep2008, Vol. 97 Issue 12, p25
The article reports that the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) will hand over the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification program to the Green Building Certification Institute (GBCI) starting January 1, 2009. GBCI is an autonomous organization that already manages...
- LEED Program's Milestone. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;3/21/2011, Vol. 242 Issue 12, p6
The article reports that over 500 building projects has been certified through the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Volume program since its pilot launch in 2006, which streamlines LEED certification process and allows it to be earned faster and at a lower cost, according to...
- Study shows demand for LEED-credentialed professionals. // PM Engineer;Oct2014, p18
The article discusses the results of a study conducted by Pearson, an educational partner of the Green Building Council, which highlight an increase in the demand for Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design (LEED)-credentialed professionals in the U.S.
- Energy Advantages for Green Schools. Griffin, J. Tim // American School & University Exclusive Insight;4/1/2012, p10
The article discusses the implementation of Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification programs in several countries around the world for school use. The U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) reportedly introduced the LEED program which allowed buildings to receive the...
- Green-Cleaning Standard Adopted for LEED. // Buildings;Sep2008, Vol. 102 Issue 9, p10
The article reports on the revision of U.S. Green Building Council's (USGBC) Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) for Existing Buildings Operations Maintenance standard to make green cleaning a prerequisite. The USGBC added credits for institutions that conduct an audit of their...
- Building Anchorage's Future. Maynard, Barbara // Alaska Business Monthly;Aug2007, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p77
The article focuses on the Sustainable Building Initiative's proposal for all public buildings in Anchorage, Alaska to be certified by the U.S. Green Building Council's Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) program. The draft language also proposes that private developers receive...
- It's alive. Sparks, Terri // Commercial Construction & Renovation;Jul/Aug2015, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p135
The article discusses the importance of living wall biofilters in sustainable eco friendly building. It is mentioned that U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) studies reveal the increase in value of property with Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design Green Building Rating System (LEED)...