Intersil: Leading A Wireless LAN Market
- SNIFFER TECHNOLOGIES LAUNCHES FIRST WIRELESS LAN ANALYZER. // LAN Product News;Jan2001, p3
Reports on Sniffer Technologies' launch of the Sniffer Wireless, a wireless local area network product. Provision of high-quality, long-term management, monitoring and analysis capabilities for increased security and maximized performance.
- SNIFFER TECHNOLOGIES AND CISCO PROVIDE WLAN SOLUTIONS GLOBALLY. // LAN Product News;Feb2001, p3
Reports that Sniffer Technologies has joined Cisco Systems to provide customers worldwide with wireless local area networking (LAN) solutions through its Sniffer Wireless offering. How the product has been customized for clients using Cisco's Aironet wireless LAN products; Enabling of customers...
- LINKSYS UNVEILS INSTANT WIRELESS IEEE 802.11B LAN SOLUTIONS. // LAN Product News;Mar2001, p1
Reports on the launch of Linksys Corp.'s Instant Wireless line of IEEE 802.11b local area network solutions. Products included; Product features and applications; Rationale behind the launch.
- TOSHIBA DEBUTS WLAN ACCESS POINTS AND PC CARDS. // LAN Product News;Mar2001, p4
Reports on the debut of wireless local area network access points and personal computer cards from the Computer Systems Group of Toshiba America Information Systems Inc., which uses the Wi-Fi technology standard. Implications of the launch for mobile computer users; Technology features; Access...
- PUTTING 802.11b TO THE TEST. Avery, Mike // Network World;02/05/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p50
Evaluates nine wireless local area network (LAN) access points in the 802.11b arena. Cisco Aeronet 340; Proxim Harmony 802.11 Access Point and Access Point Controller; Intermec 2102 Universal Access Point; Enterasys RoamAbout Access Point 2000; Symbol Technologies Spectrum 24 11M bit/sec Access...
- WLAN shakeout ahead. McLaughlin, Laurianne // Network World;12/8/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 49, p47
Discusses expected changes that will take place in the wireless local area network (WLAN) switch market in 2004. Need for information technology (IT) executives considering 802.11 products to take care in selecting an architecture; Emergence of various WLAN switch vendors; Ways in which vendors...
- Enterprise WLAN Market Gains Legitimacy. Paulo, Gemma // Electronic News;01/08/2001, Vol. 47 Issue 2, p6
Reports on the acceptance of wireless local area network (WLAN) market as a legitimate enterprise technology in 2000. Predicted growth of the WLAN equipment market; Standard products which help the wide acceptance of WLAN technology; Factors which influence the sales of WLAN products.
- Lucent is a cut above 3Com, Cisco 802.11b wireless systems. Bethoney, Herb // PC Week;04/17/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 16, p61
Evaluates IEEE 802.11b wireless local area network systems. Includes 3Com AirConnect; Cisco Systems Aironet; Lucent Technologies Orinoco; Features and capabilities; Throughput; Price. INSETS: From the trenches: Wireless makes sense at academic, utility...;Eval tips and tricks..
- Bluetooth still lacks solid bite. // eWeek;11/20/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 47, p19
Focuses on Bluetooth-enabled products featured at the 2000 Comdex Computer Show in Las Vegas, Nevada. Proliferation of versions of short-range wireless communications standard, Bluetooth; Bluetooth radio transceiver manufacturers' eagerness to develop for version 1.1; Red-M's demonstration of...