Making A Global Bid
- Matsushita to add 1,500 engineers. // RCR Wireless News;9/17/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 38, p26
Presents updates on Matsushita Communication Industrial, a mobile telephone manufacturer in Japan. Plan of the company to increase the number of its handset development engineers; Partnership between Matsushita and NEC for third-generation handset development.
- Matsushita pushes global share of 3G handset market. Williams, Martyn // InfoWorld;07/31/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 31, p47B
Provides information on the effort of the Matsushita Communication Industrial in introducing its third-generation mobile telephone services in the global market. Comments from Minoru Kuramoto, senior managing director of the company; Market share of the company; Factors contributing to the...
- Pager/cellular production in China. // Computing Japan;Jun97, Vol. 4 Issue 6, p43
Reports that Matsushita Communication Industrial Company Limited commenced construction of a pager/cellular phone plant in Beijing, China. Background information on the company; Estimated investment in the plant; Plans for the plant.
- Matsushita, unwired planet team to make Internet phones. // RCR;09/08/97, Vol. 16 Issue 36, p92
Reports that Internet-enabled mobile phones are to be created by Matsushita Communications Industrial Company Limited. What is the purpose for the phones being created; Comments from Susumu Harashima, senior managing director in charge of the telecommunications business group of Matsushita...
- Navigating by DVD. // Computing Japan;Apr97, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p43
Reports that car navigation systems that incorporate DVD (digital versatile disc) are being developed by Matsushita Communications Industrial, and other leading electronics companies. Storage capacity of DVD.
- Matsushita installs CHP cooling plant. // Modern Power Systems;Jul98, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p10
Reports that Matsushita Communication Industrial has installed a combined heat and power plant at its factory near Reading, England.
- around wireless asia. // Wireless Asia;Nov2001, Vol. 4 Issue 10, p12
Reports developments in the telecommunications industry in Asia. Shipment of cellphones by Matsushita Communication Industrial Company; Update on overall revenues of KT Freetel and LG Telecom; Launch of wireless broadband network by AAPT.
- Motorola Assures, Ericsson Warns. // Wireless Week;08/07/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 32, p1
Reports on the assurance made by Motorola to its investors that it will meet its production numbers in 2000 as Ericsson acknowledged that its sales may fall short. Number of handsets Motorola expects to produce; Market share targeted by Ericsson.
- Mobile security. // Computing Japan;Jun97, Vol. 4 Issue 6, p42
Reports that Matsushita Communication Industrial Company Limited, NEC Corporation, and Mitsubishi Electric Corporation are jointly developing encryption technology aimed at preventing eavesdropping on mobile phone communications and unauthorized use of mobile units. Value of the investments...