Summer Safety: Sizzle On
- POC 'Pushing' Handset Sales. // Printed Circuit Design & Manufacture;Jan2004, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p4
Reports on the plan of Nokia to provide push-to-talk-over-cellular (POC) in all 2.5G and third-generation handsets by 2005. Number of operators around the world that are considering deploying POC services; Number of users gained by Verizon in six weeks after launching its own POC service;...
- Phones Target Business, Fashion Segments. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;11/7/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 23, p30
This article reports on the latest cellular telephones geared for the fashion-, business- and entertainment-minded consumers, as of November 2005. For the fashion-minded, Nokia unveiled its L'Amour collection of 7300-series GSM cellular telephones due in the first quarter in the U.S. For the...
- CDPD premortem. Schwartz, Ephraim // InfoWorld;4/14/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 15, p25
Discusses the significance of the possible demise of the cellular digital packet data (CDPD) analog cellular network in the deployment of wireless systems by businesses. Information on the use of the CDPD network by several industries; Plans of Verizon for its CDPD service; Problems in using...
- VERIZON ENDING UNLIMITED DATA PLANS. Tribbey, Chris // Home Media Magazine;7/11/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 28, p8
This article reports on the decision of Verizon Wireless to stop offering customers its 30 U.S. dollars-a-month unlimited data plan beginning July 7, 2011.
- Nokia unveils 6360 handset. // RCR Wireless News;11/19/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 47, p22
Introduces the Nokia 6360, a cellular phone manufactured by Nokia Corp. Features of the cellular radio.
- Crashing the phone. // Wireless Asia;Jan/Feb2002, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p32
Focuses on issues related to mobile phone hacking. Malformation of short messaging system; Demonstration of the flaw of Nokia 6210 handset during the Black Hat hacker conference; Security measures.
- Where In The World. Gromer, Cliff // Popular Mechanics;Oct2000, Vol. 177 Issue 10, p146
Introduces the Nokia 8890 cellular telephone.
- Nokia plans 3G video handset. // New Media Age;9/12/2002, p10
Reports on the plan of Nokia to launch the Nokia 3650, a mobile telephone that will include a camcorder, camera and media player.
- VERIZON WIRELESS NETWORK EXPANDS IN VERNON, VERMONT. // RBOC Update;Dec2008, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p5
The article reports on the activation of a new cell site in Windham County, Vermont by Verizon Wireless in its quest to provide the best wireless service in the area. The site will expand its wireless voice and data coverage and capacity along Interstate-91, Brattleboro Road, Vernon Street and...