Advanced Messaging Carriers: Finding Alternate Routes
- Unified messaging gets real. Frank, Lawrence // Communications News;Feb2001, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p26
Discusses the introduction of unified messaging infrastructures that utilize Internet messaging server appliances. Advantages of using messaging-specific appliances supporting standards-based Internet messaging; Problems hindering unified messaging; Security measures integrated into the unified...
- VoiceStream turns on Ping Pong SMS service. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;5/28/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 22, p3
Reports that VoiceStream Wireless Corp. has introduced its Ping Pong Wireless Internet Text messaging service to capture the profitable short messaging service market. Key features of the service; Deal entered by VoiceStream with Motorola Inc. to use Motorola's V100 Personal Communicators to...
- The bleak and the bright. Dana, Mike // RCR Wireless News;5/28/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 22, p16
Forecasts the demise of one-way paging system with the advent of two-way paging and advanced messaging services. Decrease in the number of subscribers of one-way paging services as of May 2001; Bankruptcy of companies offering one-way paging service; Increase in the number of advanced messaging...
- Charting A New Strategy. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;03/26/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 13, p30
Focuses on the revamp of Glenayre Technologies' business to capture the revenue possibilities in unified messaging. Factors that contributed to the decline of the one-way paging market; Measures that the company plans to undertake; Features of its Unified Messaging System 2.0 and X.9 core software.
- Regional carriers respond to declining paging market. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;5/28/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 22, p18
Focuses on regional paging companies that survived the declining paging market as of May 2001. Acquisition of the paging assets of TSR Wireless LLC by Network Services LLC; Marketing strategies adopted by Aquis Communications Group to combat its slowing paging business; Creation of customer...
- Enmeshed by ever more messages. Andreae, Christopher // Christian Science Monitor;11/3/97, Vol. 89 Issue 237, p12
Discusses the complexity created by the practice of messaging, or leaving messages in any of several formats including e-mail and voice mail. The difficulty in keeping up with one's messages; Questions about why people are so preoccupied with messages; The message capability of the Internet.
- Turning the tables on phoning home. // Engineer (00137758);6/14/2002, Vol. 291 Issue 7605, p5
Reports on the Intelligent Table that plays telephone messages created by integrated industrial design student Dominic Smith of Brunel University. Details on how the messages are received; Material used for the table.
- Have You Got the Message? // Scholastic Action;3/28/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p21
Focuses on developing skills on how to take a phone message.
- Intelligent communications: The complete solution. Cochetti, Roger J. // Telephony;5/9/94, Vol. 226 Issue 19, p22
Features solutions to the information and communications requirements of companies and professionals. Absence of a simplified method for accessing and receiving electronic information; Developments in packet-switched radio networks, cellular phone networks and modems; Projection on the...