Speaking In Tongues
- Talking Tech. Schwartz, Ephraim // InfoWorld;11/30/98, Vol. 20 Issue 48, p31
Interviews Gaston Bastiaens, president and chief executive officer of Lernout & Hauspie Speech Products NV. Outlook for the field of speech technology; Globalization of the markets and the Internet; Benefits of speech technology; Potential of computerized translation market; Combination of...
- L&H, Symbian expand language of handhelds. Rohde // InfoWorld;12/06/99, Vol. 21 Issue 49, p64L
Reports that Symbian has integrated speech-recognition software from Lernout and Hauspie Speech Products (L&H) into its wireless devices. Symbian's licensing of the L&H Intellifinder Reference Engine International and CorrectSpell software; Features of Symbian's Communicator and Smartphone...
- L&H Files For Chapter 11 Protection. Olenick, Doug // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;12/18/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 29, p82
Reports that voice-recognition software maker Lernout and Hauspie Speech Products has filed for a Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in New York, New York. Relevance of the filing on the financial problems of the company; Account of the decrease in corporate profit; Plans of subsidiary companies...
- Speech-recognition algorithm cuts memory, boosts accuracy. Leonard, Milt // Electronic Design;10/14/93, Vol. 41 Issue 21, p37
Reports on an advanced speaker-independent, continuous-speech-recognition algorithm designed by Lernout & Hauspie Speech Products. Percentage accuracy; Combination of artificial neural networks and the company's phoneme-based Hidden Markov Model technology; Test run by the National Institute of...
- Lernout & Hespie is the company to talk to when it comes to speech-to-text. Petreley, Nicholas // InfoWorld;04/28/97, Vol. 19 Issue 17, p104
Opinion. Comments that Lernout and Hauspie Speech Products NV is an exceptional company because it has both the ability to create technology and make it useful. Recognition for providing speech technology; Importance of use in the industry.
- Lernout & Hauspie sees future potential of schools in translation market. // Electronic Education Report;08/18/99, Vol. 6 Issue 15, p7
Announces the launch of Lernout & Hauspie's translation software `L&H Power Translator Pro' in American education market. Product's capabilities; Software features; Sales revenue in the second quarter of 1999.
- Ericsson chooses speech recognition. // Telephony;07/27/98, Vol. 235 Issue 4, p42
Reports on Ericsson's software licensing agreement with Lernout & Hauspie (L&H) Speech Products. Technologies that L&H will provide to Ericsson.
- L&H speech technology flourishes at Comdex. Fischer, Christina // Seybold Report on Publishing Systems;01/19/98, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p39
Reports on products presented by Lernout & Hauspie Speech Products NV at the Comdex Computer Show held in November 1997. Features of the Voice Xpress continuous-speech-recognition software; Capabilities; Machine translation technology.
- Winner Declared in Lernout & Hauspie Speech Products Bankruptcy Brawl. Brickley, Peg // Corporate Legal Times;Feb2002, Vol. 12 Issue 123, p52
Focuses on the issues concerning the auction of Lernout and Hauspie Speech Products NV. Complexity on the process of the auction; Winning bidder of the auction; Responsibility of judge Judith H. Wizmur for approving the sale.