Andrew Sailing Toward Profitable Waters
- Andrew equips Powertel with network accessories. // RCR;09/27/99, Vol. 18 Issue 39, p3
Focuses on Andrew Corp.'s plan to supply Powertel Inc. with its network accessories, including its Heliax coaxial cable and RingFlare connectors.
- Guy Campbell. Shaw, Russell // Electronic Media;04/10/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 15, p28
Profiles Guy Campbell, president and chief executive officer of communications systems equipment company Andrew Corp. Career background; Achievements.
- Ill. Superconductor turning up volume. Jones, Sandra // Crain's Chicago Business;02/21/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p49
Describes the strategy that Chief Executive Officer George Calhoun implements to turn around Illinois Superconductor Corp., a maker of wireless phone equipment. Different approach to selling the firm's radio frequency filters; Real value of the product for wireless companies; Calhoun's visit to...
- Something to Talk About. Freedman, Michael // Forbes Global;11/15/2004, Vol. 7 Issue 20, p36
Highlights the recovery of telecommunications equipment maker LM Ericsson in 2004. Goal of CEO Carl-Henric Svanberg to increase the number of Ericsson mobile phone users; History of the company; Problems and challenges faced in the past; Information on the Expander communications technology...
- Test Gear Market Takes Off. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;04/03/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 14, p40
Provides information on the testing equipment developed by several wireless communication companies in the United States to cope up with the advanced deployment of wireless networks. Test equipment from Agilent Technologies; Next-generation tools from Grayson Wireless; Platform operating...
- CommScope enters wireless arena with acquisition of Andrew Corp. // Cabling Installation & Maintenance;Aug2007, Vol. 15 Issue 8, p39
The article reports that CommScope has entered the enterprise wireless solutions with its acquisition of the wireless technology manufacturer Andrew Corp. which has valued at $2.6 billion. The CommoScope manufactures cabling systems such as coaxial cable which is used for hybrid fiber coax...
- CommScope to acquire Andrew Corp.; higher bid makes the deal work. // Wire Journal International;Aug2007, Vol. 40 Issue 8, p10
The article reports that telecommunication equipment firm Andrew Corp. has agreed to be acquired by CommScope Inc. for about $2.6 billion. The negotiation was expected to finish by end of 2007. It would help both companies to cut manufacturing costs and diversify their customer base. Other...
- Management Turnarounds: Diagnosing Business Ailments (Part 1). Scherrer, Phillip Scott // Business Credit;Feb2003, Vol. 105 Issue 2, p63
Part I. Focuses on the management of corporate turnarounds in the U.S. Causes of financial and market uncertainty; Replacement of secondary public offerings with debt offerings; Link between financial market instability and external market changes.
- Funding while you faint. Fraser, Jill Andresky // Inc.;Sep93, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p40
Provides recommendations from Michael Busch, a turnaround specialist at Wharton Capital Group, Chicago, for those unlucky enough to be in Chapter 11. Stabilize; Draw up a strategic plan; His comments.