Silence Is Golden, But Is It Profitable?
- PRODUCT FOCUS. // Mobile Radio Technology;Jun2000, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p54
Features products and devices for use in mobile radio telecommunication. Inclusion of ICT power supply systems; Com-Net Ericsson Critical Radio Systems' Panther 500P portable radios; Access Server from Harris Intraplex; Hitech Systems' Safetynet computer-aided dispatch system.
- Tone rangers. Gliddon, Josh // Bulletin with Newsweek;01/30/2001, Vol. 119 Issue 6259, p70
Features different Web sites where mobile phone users can download personal ring tones. Yourmobile.Com.au; Fonetonez.Com.au; Mobilemelodies.Com.
- Industry works to reinstate handset value. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;08/21/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 34, p16
Focuses on the impact of competition, handset selection, and affordable pricing plans on the level of handset subsidies offered by mobile carriers.
- Initiatives for cell-phone courtesy in the works. Smith, Hilary // RCR;07/10/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 28, p24
Reports on BlueLinx Inc.'s development of Q-Zone, a patent-pending system that creates specific areas where electronic devices ring and beep at lower volume levels.
- 5. THE PDA: BLACKBERRY 8700. // Metro (NZ);May2006, Issue 299, p108
The article evaluates the cellular phone Blackberry 8700 from Blackberry Inc. and offers information on its full-service messaging system and quadband with the Bluetooth technology.
- INSIDE INDOOR BASESTATIONS – THE FUTURE FOR MOBILE? Cullen, John // Electronics World;Sep2009, Vol. 115 Issue 1881, p14
The article focuses on the new business opportunities provided by indoor basestation or femtocell to mobile operators. It discloses that the capacity of femtocell to boost mobile coverage and to provide additional capacity justify its business potentials. It notes that femtocell can integrate...
- Designers Face Tough Challenges In 3G Cellular/PCS Phone Specs. Frenzel, Louis E. // Electronic Design;10/02/2000, Vol. 48 Issue 20, p107
Discusses challenges facing designers of electronic components for third-generation (3G) cellular and personal communication service equipment. Features and technical specifications of 3G mobile phone design; Efforts to address electronic mail and Internet access issues; Multimedia...
- New Products and Services. // Telecommunications - International Edition;Feb2001, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p107
Features products and services offered by wireless telecommunication and cellular telephone manufacturers. Inclusion of Oakbase's Air Magic wireless headset; Hand Held Products' enhanced IrDA API software for its Dolphin 7200 handheld computer; Premier Electronics' range of plug and play...
- Channel Allocation Scheme in Cellular System. Sonawane, Sudarshan Subhashrao; Patil, A. J.; Sachan, A. K. // International Journal of Advanced Networking & Applications;Jul/Aug2010, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p452
Channel allocation scheme proposed for cellular systems. We start with allocation a set of channels to each cell in fixed channel assignment scheme. The scheme used for handling the high density cell problem because it proposes to move unused channels from suitable low density cells to the high...