Stanton Takes CTIA Reins
- Stanton named CTIA chairman. // RCR;07/17/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 29, p27
Reports that John Stanton has been named chairman of the board of directors of the Cellular Telecommunications Industry Association.
- Business by the Bay. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;9/1/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 26, p14
The article reports on the annual I.T. & Entertainment event by the Cellular Telecommunications Industry Association (CTIA) to be held in September 2008 in Mascone West, San Francisco, California. It is inferred that the company is expecting to gather 15,000 attendees for the trade show, which...
- Steve Largent tapped to lead CTIA. // Mobile Radio Technology;Sep2003, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p40
Highlights the replacement of Tom Wheeler as president and CEO of the Cellular Telecommunications and Internet Association (CTIA) by former congressman and National Football League Hall of Fame member, Steve Largent. Effectivity date of Largent's assumption as president and CEO of CTIA;...
- CTIA Honors Wireless Samaritans. Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;06/19/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 25, p5
Reports on the VITA Wireless Samaritan Awards given by the Cellular Telephone Industry Association (CTIA) Wireless Foundation to wireless customers during the foundation's awards dinner at the National Building Museum in Washington, D.C. Executive of VoiceStream Wireless honored by the...
- D.C. Briefs. // RCR Wireless News;2/18/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p9
Presents news and events happening in Washington D.C. in February 2002. Purpose of a summit being planned by the National Telecommunications and Information Administration; Appointed senior spectrum policy advisor for the Office of Engineering and Technology; Request of the Cellular...
- A Seat At CTIA. Long, Jessica // San Diego Business Journal;10/10/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 41, p48
Reports on the election of Eric DeMarco, the president and chief executive officer of Wireless Facilities Inc., to the 2006 board of directors of the Cellular Telecommunications and Internet Association in San Diego, California.
- CTIA CPP document ready for standards presentation. Wayne, Debra // RCR;01/19/98, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p14
States that the Cellular Telecommunications Industry Association (CTIA) has completed work on a calling-party-pays standard schedules for presentation to `appropriate industry standards bodies.' Reasons for ending the collect-call mentality; Details on the drafting of the CTIA Calling Party...
- CTIA Wireless 98 to accomodate international firms. // RCR;01/26/98, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p35
Reports on the accommodation of the Wireless 98 convention held by the Cellular Telecommunications Industry Association (CTIA). International participants; Comments from Jeff Nelson, CTIA spokesman; What Wireless 98 show will include.
- CTIA unveils APPYs to honor innovation. // RCR;7/22/96, Vol. 15 Issue 29, p18
Reports on the Cellular Telecommunications Industry Association's (TCI) announcement of a new awards program to recognize innovative work in the field of wireless applications technology. Announcement of winners at the 1996 Wireless Apps conference.