Matchmaking Is In The Air For Germany's Deutsche Telekom
- Foreign-ownership fireworks. Silva, Jeffrey; Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;9/11/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 37, p1
Reports on the United States House of Representatives telecommunication subcommittee's examination of Deutsche Telekom AG's proposed purchase of VoiceStream Wireless Corp.
- Take a number and wait. Vittore, Vince // Telephony;07/10/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 2, p92
Focuses on the proposed merger between Germany's Deutsche Telekom and Sprint of the United States. Implication of the merger to Deutsche Telekom; Information on a survey on local and long-distance telecommunication companies; Groups benefitting from the merger.
- Comm Consolidation: To Be Continued... Cantwell, Rebecca // Inter@ctive Week;07/10/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 27, p16
Offers a look at the aggressive move of Deutsche Telekom and its desire to consolidate telecommunication companies. Its deal with Cable & Wireless and Qwest Communications; Comments from Tom Friedberg, an analyst at Tucker Anthony.
- Deutsche Will Buy One 2 One. // Wireless Week;08/09/99, Vol. 5 Issue 32, p1
Reports that Deutsche Telekom AG of Germany will buy One 2 One, a mobile network operator based in Great Britain. Value of the transaction; Size of One 2 One in Great Britain; Expectations on the acquisition.
- European merger faces hurdles. // Telecommunications - International Edition;May99, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p15
Discusses the difficulties facing German firm Deutsche Telekom's plan to acquire Italy-based Telecom Italia. Need for stockholders' approval from both companies; Efforts to prevent Olivetti's hostile bid; Need to prove to investors the benefits of the merger; Impact of the deal on global...
- European unification. Labarba, Liane H. // Telephony;04/26/99, Vol. 236 Issue 17, p9
Focuses on the acquisition of Telecom Italia company by Deutsche Telekom. Value of the deal; Terms under the agreement; Details on the transaction.
- Selling sizzle, skipping steak. Vittore, Vince // Telephony;10/25/99, Vol. 237 Issue 17, p80
Focuses on the plans of Deutsche Telekom AG to acquire SBC Communications. Challenges faced by the merger; Efforts of SBC to improve its telecommunication infrastructure.
- One2one may have suitor in D.Telekom. // RCR;07/26/99, Vol. 18 Issue 30, p42
Reports that Deutsche Telekom AG is rumored to have entered a multibillion dollar bid to acquire British mobile company One2One.
- Telekom wins one 2 one in $13.6B cash, debt deal. // RCR;08/09/99, Vol. 18 Issue 32, p2
Reports that Deutsche Telekom has won a bid to buy British mobile carrier One 2 One in a deal valued at about $13.6 billion. Deutsche Telekom's declaration of its desire to become a global player through acquisitions of mobile phone companies, Internet service providers and information systems...