Vying For DSL Subs
- Debunking DSL myths. Moffat, Dan // Telephony;11/06/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 19, p96
Focuses on digital subscriber line (DSL) technology and the challenges of improving the customer installation experience. History of wireless telecommunications system installation and services since the 1980s; Impact of the introduction of broadband communications services; Supply and demand...
- The good, the bad and the cosmetically challenged. Stephens, Guy // Satellite Broadband;Oct2000, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p18
Evaluates the advantages and disadvantages of several broadband services. Digital subscriber line technology; Cable modems; Wireless communication systems.
- PROGNOSIS POSITIVE. Iler, David // CED;Apr2003, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p26
Focuses on the status of fixed wireless, satellite broadband and digital subscriber line technologies. Smoother provisioning, expanding service footprints and aggressive marketing boosting DSL; Enhancements with asymmetric DSL; Fixed wireless in broadband communications.
- The middle ground. Hadar, Rami // Telephony;09/25/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 13, p70
Explores the role of broadband wireless communication access in helping telecommunication service providers to differentiate its services and offer high-speed data services. Impact of broadband wireless access on the demand for high-speed data services; Limitations of digital subscriber line in...
- New Alliance Working Toward Wireless DSL Standard. McGinity, Meg // Inter@ctive Week;07/17/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 28, p20
Reports the formation of a wireless digital subscriber line consortium in the United States as of July 2000. Views on the consortium; Names of the companies that formed the consortium; Benefits of the consortium to broadband service.
- A glass ceiling. Breed, Keith // Total Telecom Magazine;Jun2005, p28
Focuses on the need for wireless communication providers to deploy high-speed fibre-to-the-home (FTTH) services in Europe. Factors that affect pricing for FTTH services; Advantage of digital subscriber lines over FTTH according to B2 operations director Johan Niska; Effect of the decline in...
- Wireless a pawn in future of broadband. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;9/22/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 38, p9
Focuses on broadband issues faced by wireless network providers in the U.S. Politics behind the debate over broadband regulation; Alternative to broadband services considered by policy makers; Issue of the licensing of cable and digital subscriber line Internet service.
- VoIP and triple-play set to surge. O'Shea, Dan // Telephony;11/8/2004, Vol. 245 Issue 22, p44
Discusses the projected trends in the broadband services sector of the U.S. telecommunication industry in 2005. Ongoing war between digital subscriber line and cable modem access technologies; Rise of voice over Internet Protocol and triple-play services to join pure Internet access as...
- BROADBAND ACCESS TECHNOLOGIES EVALUATION TOOL (BATET). Pereira, Jo�o Paulo Ribeiro; Pires, Jos� Adriano // Technological & Economic Development of Economy;2007, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p288
The goal of this paper is to identify all the essential costs of building broadband access networks, and then to comparise different technologies in various scenarios. Different market segments (Scenarios) have different geographical characteristics and will require different amounts of access...