Vying For DSL Subs
- The good, the bad and the cosmetically challenged. Stephens, Guy // Satellite Broadband;Oct2000, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p18
Evaluates the advantages and disadvantages of several broadband services. Digital subscriber line technology; Cable modems; Wireless communication systems.
- PROGNOSIS POSITIVE. Iler, David // CED;Apr2003, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p26
Focuses on the status of fixed wireless, satellite broadband and digital subscriber line technologies. Smoother provisioning, expanding service footprints and aggressive marketing boosting DSL; Enhancements with asymmetric DSL; Fixed wireless in broadband communications.
- The middle ground. Hadar, Rami // Telephony;09/25/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 13, p70
Explores the role of broadband wireless communication access in helping telecommunication service providers to differentiate its services and offer high-speed data services. Impact of broadband wireless access on the demand for high-speed data services; Limitations of digital subscriber line in...
- Debunking DSL myths. Moffat, Dan // Telephony;11/06/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 19, p96
Focuses on digital subscriber line (DSL) technology and the challenges of improving the customer installation experience. History of wireless telecommunications system installation and services since the 1980s; Impact of the introduction of broadband communications services; Supply and demand...
- New Alliance Working Toward Wireless DSL Standard. McGinity, Meg // Inter@ctive Week;07/17/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 28, p20
Reports the formation of a wireless digital subscriber line consortium in the United States as of July 2000. Views on the consortium; Names of the companies that formed the consortium; Benefits of the consortium to broadband service.
- VoIP and triple-play set to surge. O'Shea, Dan // Telephony;11/8/2004, Vol. 245 Issue 22, p44
Discusses the projected trends in the broadband services sector of the U.S. telecommunication industry in 2005. Ongoing war between digital subscriber line and cable modem access technologies; Rise of voice over Internet Protocol and triple-play services to join pure Internet access as...
- BROADBAND ACCESS TECHNOLOGIES EVALUATION TOOL (BATET). Pereira, Jo�o Paulo Ribeiro; Pires, Jos� Adriano // Technological & Economic Development of Economy;2007, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p288
The goal of this paper is to identify all the essential costs of building broadband access networks, and then to comparise different technologies in various scenarios. Different market segments (Scenarios) have different geographical characteristics and will require different amounts of access...
- Filling the T1-T3 gap. Mitra, Kash // Communications News;Oct99, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p20
Discusses the growth in the use of all types of data networks. Drawbacks of using T1 data network; Comparison between T3 and T1 networks; Features of digital subscriber line; Capabilities of broadband cables; Information on wireless technology; Reason for preference of carriers in using ATM.
- Preventing a broadband meltdown. Cullen, Cam // CED;May2012, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p29
The article offers information on disturbances in the broadband and multiple system operators (MSOs) market. Market competition with digital subscriber lines (DSL) and wireless technologies for providing high-quality service to their customers has been discussed in the article. Several measures...