MATRIFOCALITY AND WOMEN'S POWER ON THE MISKITO COAST
- Equality of women and men in Germany. // Women's International Network News;Autumn90, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p65
Focuses on a newsreport on the equality of women and men in Germany published by the Federal Ministry of Youth, Family, Women and Health. Provisions for the advancement of equality between women and men; Social changes and their impact on the status of women; Women's integration of job and...
- Actuarial finding places women over 65 in less favorable economic picture than men. // Insurance Advocate;11/07/98, Vol. 109 Issue 44, p30
Reports that women over age 65 fare much less well than men despite a reduction in poverty among the elderly. How elderly women suffer a poverty rate more than double that of men; Crucial factors in the income disparity between men and women; Recommendations to improve the economic status of...
- Multivariate approach to matrimonial mobility in Catalonia. Calafell, Frances; Hernandez, Miquel // Human Biology;Oct93, Vol. 65 Issue 5, p731
Studies matrimonial mobility in Catalonia using 1986 census data. Use of multivariate analysis to detect discontinuities in matrimonial mobility and gene flow between comarques (geographic divisions); Three-level pattern of gene flow; Regionalization.
- Unraveling fabric, missing the beat: Class and gender in Afro-American social issues. King, Deborah K. // Black Scholar;Summer92, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p36
Ponders why the particular construction of African American social issues seems to deal almost exclusively with the decimation of black males. Black women as invisible; AIDS and women; Blaming black women and the implication that they don't suffer as much as black men; More.
- The Conflict Between Males and the Role of Contemporary Female Professionals. Jiang Aifeng // Chinese Education & Society;Nov/Dec2000, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p37
Examines the conflict between males and the role of contemporary female professionals in China. Equality of the political status of men and women through the human emancipation process; Contradictions between family and career; Realization of the objectives of women's liberation.
- Con un poco de ayuda de mis amigos: Ã©xito profesional y capital social en LatinoamÃ©rica. Rama, Betina; Hermans, Michel // INCAE Business Review;sep-dic2013, Vol. 2 Issue 9, p18
This article focuses on men and women who attained leadership positions. It discusses the relevance and structure of share capital based on three different aspects of their careers: choice of executive career, development of support networks, and individuals in these networks.
- Where are the men for successful black women? Chambers, Veronica // Glamour;Apr95, Vol. 93 Issue 4, p116
Reports on the lack of black men with comparable education and career status as black women in the United States. Higher earnings of black women; Black women's problems in finding a mate who is their peer; Minimal interracial dating done by black women.
- What not to Say. Reghunathan, Sujatha // News 'n' More;Dec2012, Vol. 5 Issue 12, p10
The article discusses the generic use of the pronoun "he." The use of the pronoun during the ancient times, wherein the construction of the society meant that women always played a secondary role to men, is presented. The argument of feminists and advocates of gender equality is given. It...
- The Masculine Mystique. Faludi, Susan // Tikkun;Jan/Feb2000, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p70
Contends that the situation of men and women will lead to the task of constructing a world in which priority is given to social institutions that foster and support a meaning greater than the market. Discussions of social responsibility of individuals; Establishment of a society that serves...