Health care for illegal immigrants?
- Arizona: Special Session Could Violate Court Order. Victory, Darren // Bond Buyer;9/18/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31225, p26
Reports that Arizona Governor Jane Hull's attempt to reinstate emergency healthcare services for undocumented state residents could result in a federal court order violation. Legislative session called by Hull; Description of the federal court order.
- New Mexico opposes Proposition 187. // National Catholic Reporter;4/7/95, Vol. 31 Issue 23, p5
Reports on the opposition by the state of New Mexico against a California bill denying medical care access to illegal immigrants in the United States.
- Illegal alien problems unsolved. // Modern Healthcare;7/18/94, Vol. 24 Issue 29, p26
Eitorial. Comments on problems with the cost of treating illegal aliens in the United States. Widespread of illegal aliens in the country; Insufficiency of lawsuits in stopping the flow of illegal aliens across the border; Hospital administrations' policy on illegal aliens.
- Hospitals join the fight. Aston, Geri // AHA News;1/9/95, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p7
Focuses on the protest of hospital organizations in California against the Proposition 187 which prohibits the granting of medical care to illegal immigrants in the United States. Decrease in patient loads in hospitals as effects of the Proposition 187; Concept of public health as basis for...
- Dollars & sense behind Prop. 187. Serb, Christopher // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;9/20/95, Vol. 69 Issue 18, p63
Presents an overview of the study `The Impact of Providing Health Care Services to Undocumented Immigrants in San Diego County,' by Harold W. Hartman and Karen L. Brewer. Case study on the treatment of illegal immigrants in Children's Hospital of San Diego, California; Effects of the state's...
- Florida hospital can't turn away alien `jet-setters'. Greene, Jay // Modern Healthcare;7/4/94, Vol. 24 Issue 27, p31
Reports on the costs of providing healthcare to illegal immigrants in Florida. Care for illegal aliens at Jackson Memorial Hospital in Dade County; Dollar impact of illegal immigrants; Approval of a state tax increase to help fund indigent care in Jackson; Financial toll of illegal immigrant...
- Judge dismisses Calif. immigrant-care case. Kertesz, Louise // Modern Healthcare;2/20/95, Vol. 25 Issue 8, p20
Reports on the dismissal of a lawsuit filed by the state of California seeking reimbursement from the federal government for costs of emergency care services for illegal immigrants. California Governor Pete Wilson's endorsement of Proposition 187, which would have denied most services to illegal...
- Care for undocumented subject of ASTHO policy. // Nation's Health;May/Jun95, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p17
Reports on a new policy statement by Association of State and Territorial Health Officials asserting a critical national need for access of undocumented immigrants to primary and preventive health care services. Contact information.
- Illegal-Alien Health Care Has Crippling Effects on Citizens. Malkin, Michelle // Insight on the News;3/18/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p51
Focuses on the implications of health care provided to illegal aliens in the U.S. for the health care of U.S. citizens. Overview of the death of teenage illegal alien Jesica Santillan after an organ transplant; Policy set by the United Network for Organ Sharing; Problems encountered by...