Location Technologies Revisited
- A REAL FIND. // Ski;Nov2004, Vol. 69 Issue 3, p94
Presents information on Avis Assist, a global positioning system-enabled Motorola mobile telephone.
- Dangerous talk. // Design Engineering;Jun2002, p8
Reports the use of global positioning system technology by researchers to reduce emissions brought by mobile handsets in Great Britain. Requirements for mobile handsets to state its Specific Absorption Rate (SAR); Exploration on ways to reduce SAR levels; Technical benefits of antenna designs...
- FRS muscles its way to growth. Gilroy, Amy // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;02/21/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p50
Discusses mobile communication system suppliers' initiatives to capitalize on the 100 percent growth expected in 2000. Addition of global positioning system, radios and other features in FRS units; Lower prices; Weather-alert models; Latest products from various manufacturers.
- What's New? Birkland, Carol // Fleet Equipment;Apr2003, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p6
No abstract available.
- Centrality Unveils Design Win, Partners. // GPS World;Feb2004, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p49
Presents news updates concerning Santa Clara, California-based Centrality Communications, a provider of Global Positioning System-enabled microprocessor for the mobile phone market, as of February 2004. Announcement of Atlas Premiere Partners Alliance; Release of the Atlas processor family.
- Track and Locate. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jul2001, Vol. 38 Issue 7, p9
Features the wrist watch-technology breakthrough launched in Wherefy Wireless' wearable Personable Location System at the 2001 Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, Nevada. Highly miniaturized location system embedded within a light-weight watch; Global Positioning System and digital PCS...
- High-Tech Travels. Rogers, Mark // Travel Agent;7/21/2003, Vol. 313 Issue 5, p42
Discusses how Global Positioning System (GPS) navigation and satellite radio improve the car rental experience. Upgrades to Hertz Corp.'s NeverLost GPS navigation system; OnStar Personal Calling service from Avis Rent-A-Car Inc.; Satellite radios in Advantage Rent-A-Car Inc.'s 2004 model year.
- GPS mobile antenna is US target for Sarantel. // Electronics Weekly;11/20/2002, Issue 2077, p1
Reports on a contract awarded to wireless firm Sarantel to supply miniature global positioning system antennas for mobile phones. Features of the company's PowerHelix devices; Expectations on the demand for location-specific services.
- In a good place. Hargrave, Sean // New Media Age;11/11/2010, p22
The article discusses the success of mobile location-based marketing in Great Britain in 2010. It states that the success of such marketing strategy may be attributed to the increasing number of mobile devices equipped with global positioning system (GPS). The article also offers information on...