- DEADLOCK IN ALBANY. Boyd, Herb // New York Amsterdam News;6/18/2009, Vol. 100 Issue 25, p1
The article reports on the claim of New York Governor David Paterson and State Senator Bill Perkins about the impact of the deadlock in the State Senate on the 25 important bills that are still pending. Paterson requests Senators from both political parties to discuss several bills including...
- Paterson: NYS will push on to marriage equality. // Empty Closet;May2008, Issue 412, p1
The article focuses on the advocacy for marriage equality expressed by New York Governor David Paterson in his speech delivered at the New York Leadership Awards of the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force on April 7, 2008. He was honored for his work on behalf of gay, lesbian, bisexual and...
- Tax-wary office debuts. // Westchester County Business Journal;6/22/2009, Vol. 48 Issue 25, p3
The article reports on the functions of the newly-launched Office of Taxpayer Accountability in New York. In the June 15, 2009 statement of Governor David A. Paterson, he stresses the full-time mission of the office which is to save the money of taxpayers through various ways, including lowering...
- New York Legislators Supports Marriage Recognition While Legislating No-Fault Divorce. A. S. L. // Lesbian -- Gay Law Notes;Sep2010, p135
The article reports on a New York Assembly committee memo accompanying the no-fault divorce bill signed by New York Governor David Paterson which takes care to avoid implications that by using the terms "husband" and "wife," the legislature might be seen as undermining state court opinions...
- N.Y. Legislature's Watered-Down Ethics Bill Angers Gov. Paterson. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;1/14/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33250, p6
The article reports on the reaction of Governor David Paterson on the state Legislature's ethics and campaign finance reform package in New York.
- New York plans global insurance exchange. // MiddleEast Insurance Review;Feb2010, p19
The article reports on the plan made by New York Governor David Paterson to revive the New York Insurance Exchange (NYIE) to provide increased transparency and security.
- PATERSON'S PUSH. Johnson, Stephon // New York Amsterdam News;11/12/2009, Vol. 100 Issue 46, p1
The article reports on the series of television advertisements launched by Governor David Paterson in New York. It states that the campaign aims to reintroduce Paterson to the public. It notes that the move came after the governor received a public approval rating of 30%, saying that it was high...
- Paterson has no place to go... but out. Engquist, Erik // Crain's New York Business;8/10/2009, Vol. 25 Issue 32, p1
The article reports on the decline in the reputation of New York Governor David Paterson.
- Paterson should run. // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;7/9/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 161, p4
The author reflects on the achievements of Governor David Paterson and why he should run again in New York.