Bursting Into Broadband Data
- Burst Brings On The Broadband. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;04/09/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 15, p14
Deals with the plan of Burst Wireless Inc. to distribute broadband services to cities in the United States. Broadband communication systems to be distributed; Investors of the company; Other services of the company.
- Broadband Firm Eyes PCS For Data. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;06/26/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 26, p3
Deals with the plan of start-up Burst Wireless of Seattle to build a wireless broadband network using the 1900 megahertz personal communication system (PCS) spectrum. Comments from chairman and chief executive officer George Tronsure; Other developments in the company.
- Portable Internet to `burst' onto scene next year. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;06/26/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 26, p38
Focuses on the plans of Burst Wireless Inc. to develop a business model that will lead to residential wireless broadband service in the United States. Features of the business model; Difference from Qualcomm's High Data Rate technology; Participation of Burst in the policy debate on...
- Bursting onto the scene. Meyers, Jason // Telephony;06/26/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 26, p18
Deals with the plan of Burst Wireless' executives to unveil a portable Internet access opportunity to laptops. Information on the company; Uses of the personal communication system spectrum; Transmission speeds that Burst plans to offer; Challenges being faced by the company.
- Broadband wireless--the dawn of a new era. Steckley, Eugene // Telecommunications - International Edition;Feb98, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p51
Focuses on the broadband wireless technological innovation in the telecommunication industry of Europe. Determination of operator's service offerings through access network technology; Delivery of higher-bandwidth services over existing copper pairs; Deployment of digital broadband wireless...
- Satellite broadband provides new option for teleworkers. Salamoff, Steve // Employee Benefit News;May2002, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p59
Focuses on the use of satellite broadband technology in facilitating teleworking in the United States. Challenges facing information technology and human resources managers in facilitating teleworking; Information on how the teleworking process works; Advantages of using satellite connectivity...
- Crossing the digital divide. Schaeffler, Jimmy // Satellite Communications;Jun2000, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p24
Focuses on broadband communication services offered to rural communities in the United States. Broadband pricing; Projected rural broadband subscriber growth by 2007; Importance of rural broadband access.
- Broadband users are gung-ho. // Credit Union Magazine;Oct2002, Vol. 68 Issue 10, p22
Studies the internet usage in the U.S. Use of broadband connections; Types of internet activities; Amount of time spent online.
- Brittany spears new network. // Voice+;Apr2000, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p12
Reports on Brittany, France's setting up of the Brittany Regional Broadband Network to provide high-speed Internet access and voice, video and data services in the area. Benefits expected from the regional network; France Telecom's involvement in the project.