Bridging The Mobile Internet Gap
- Just Say 'No' To Spam. // Wireless Week;04/09/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 15, p20
Offers a look at the mobile messaging platform from Unimobile Inc. Spam control feature; How the messages are filtered.
- Site of The Week. // Wireless Week;09/25/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 39, p30
Presents the Web site of Unimobile.com Inc. Usefulness of the Web site; Arrangement of the Web site's elements.
- Who'll Win The Fight? Plesman, Maarten // Wireless Week;07/10/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 28, p41
Comments on the battle between Silicon Valley companies and European mobile operators for Santa Clara, California's wireless Internet market. Views on European mobile operators; Suggestions to companies of Silicon Valley; Advantages of the battle to handset manufacturers.
- Mobile Explosion. // Wireless Week;8/20/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 34, p22
Predicts the increase in the number of subscribers of mobile Internet services in the United States by 2007, according to a study. Telecommunication carriers' revenue from the Internet in 2000; Device choices that will influence mobile Internet usage patterns.
- Handset, meet soda machine. Weber, Toby // Telephony;10/23/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 17, p44
Features the Bluetooth, a specification that sets up short-range connections between mobile devices and the Internet. Examples of Bluetooth-enabled devices.
- Wireless realism to reign. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR Wireless News;12/25/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 52, p1
Presents an outlook for mobile Internet in 2001.
- It's All in the Mix. Walley, Wayne // Global Telephony;Feb2000, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p36
Focuses on the expected revenues from mobile Internet. Increase of Internet services; Deployment of wireless application protocol; Launching of third-generation networks; International Telecommunication Union's designation for 3G. INSET: A Toe in the Water..
- TalkSport plans mobile app after boom in visitors to revamped site. Cooper, Will // New Media Age;3/10/2011, p07
The article reports that sports broadcaster TalkSport is to roll out its first mobile application following a 600% growth in web traffic.
- Report says European Mobile Internet revenues will make up for UMTS license costs. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;3/19/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p110
Reports on the results of a study on mobile Internet services in Europe. Growth by 2005; Role in recovering costs for Universal Mobile Telephone System licenses; Factors valuing the worth of the wireless industry; Difficulty of the i-mode technology to penetrate the European market.