Austria Becomes Battleground For Local And Global Players
- Mobilkom Austria begins 3G service. // RCR Wireless News;4/21/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 16, p4
Reports on the launch of commercial third-generation (3G) wireless services by Mobilkom Austria in April 2003. Release of the U10 3G handset by the company in the Austrian market; Coverage of the wireless services to be offered by Mobilkom; Information on the company's content partnerships,...
- Western Wireless sells stake in Croatian operator. // RCR Wireless News;6/9/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 23, p15
Reports on the agreement reached by Western Wireless International Corp., a subsidiary of Western Wireless Corp., to sell its 19-percent interest in Croatia's GSM wireless operator VIPnet d.o.o to Mobilkom Austria Aktiengesellschaft & CO KG.
- MOBILKOM AUSTRIA SELECTS METASOLV NETWORK MEDIATION. // Modem Users News;Jan2004, pN.PAG
Reports that mobilkom austria, a provider of advanced mobile services in Europe, has selected MetaSolv Network Mediation as the convergent mediation platform for its services. Capabilities of the platform; Key to the success of the implementation of MetaSolv; Background on mobilkom.
- Mobilkom Austria deploys UMTS network. // RCR Wireless News;9/30/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 39, p19
Reports on the deployment of a UMTS network by mobile operator Mobilkom Austria. Coverage of the initial launch; Information on the UMTS network of Sonera in Finland and Nokia Corp.; Background of Mobilkom Austria.
- Waltzing on thin ice? Morris, Lain // Telecommunications - International Edition;Feb2007, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p12
The article discusses the market lead of Mobilkom Austria AG during Christmas and New Year's Eve in 2006 in Austria. Mobile operators usually enjoy a messaging boost over the Christmas period, but Mobilkom has been surprised nonetheless. Customers of the Austrian incumbent sent a record-breaking...
- Nokia provides P2T services for Austrian operator. // Mobile Radio Technology;Oct2005, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p10
Reports that Nokia and mobile operator mobilkom Austria have partnered to deliver push-to-talk over cellular services to the wireless operator's customers.
- SI.MOBIL SLOVENIA CHOOSES REALNETWORKS TO POWER MUSIC. // Telephone IP News;Dec2009, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p7
No abstract available.
- TA turns the corner. Bright, Julian // Total Telecom Magazine;Jun2003, p21
Discusses the growth of the services and profit of Telekom Austria. Percentage of growth of the profit of the fixed and mobile businesses of the company; Contribution of mobile telecommunication division Mobilkom to the profit of Telekom Austria; Factors that contributed to the success of the...
- Mobilkom Austria to implement GPRS. // RCR;05/15/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 20, p29
Focuses on Motorola Inc. and Mobilkom Austria's signing of a contract to implement a mobile data General Packet Radio Service network.