European Wireless Internet Forecasts
- Speed Bumps. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;1/29/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p16
Discusses the growth prospects for wireless Internet services beyond year 2000.
- Consumer electronics companies may become wireless application gateways. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR Wireless News;4/16/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 16, p33
Predicts that future of consumer electronics companies (CEC) may become wireless application gateways (WAG). Attributes of CEC to become successful WAG; Technical and infrastructure challenges of CEC; Features and benefits of WAG.
- Study Predicts Internet Failures. Marek, Sue // Wireless Week;6/25/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 26, p28
Focuses on an investor-oriented report from FAC/Equities which predicted the state of pervasive computing and wireless Internet industry by 2002-2003. Factors that will contribute to the failure of wireless application ventures; Wireless Internet development forecast; Projected range of...
- No more working without a Net. Vargas, Alexia // Crain's New York Business;08/21/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 34, p1
Reports on the aggressive build-out of infrastructure that will enable wireless high-speed Internet access around metropolitan New York. Wireless installations of Concourse Communications Group at Newark, La Guardia and JFK airports; Metricom Inc.'s contract to set-up utility poles in the...
- Wireless key to pervasive messaging. Bruno, Antony // RCR;06/26/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 26, p3
Focuses on issues related to pervasive messaging in the wireless telecommunication industry. Importance of instant messagimg to pervasive messaging; Challenge for the Internet industry to make the various existing instant-messaging systems interoperable; Conflict between America Online and...
- Nokia applies lessons learned to wireless Internet world. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;07/03/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 27, p32
Focuses on Nokia Corp.'s foray into the wireless Internet access market.
- Wireless Providers Race to Bring 3G to Customers. Kivikas, Daniel // San Diego Business Journal;10/29/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 44, p14
Focuses on the third generation representation of the wireless technologies in the United States. Development of mobile Internet applications; Enhancement of bandwidth and packet oriented network; Utilization of smarter embedded technologies.
- Country See, Country Do(esn't). // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Dec2000, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p20
Reports on the findings of a study conducted by Cahners In-Stat which reveals that even other are more advance than the United States in adoption of wireless data and Internet services, said services will not necessarily be a success in the U.S.
- Wireless Internet Briefs. // RCR Wireless News;1/29/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p8
Presents news briefs concerning the wireless Internet sector, compiled as of January 29, 2001.