- Metrocall offers messaging management tool. // RCR;11/16/98, Vol. 17 Issue 46, p19
Announces the commercial availability of the proprietary Integrated Resource Management System of Metrocall Inc. Benefits for corporate users; Product features.
- Smart introduces Microsoft-powered smart phone. // RCR Wireless News;2/17/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p5
Provides information on the Microsoft-powered smart phone that will be offered by Smart Communications Inc. of the Philippines. Features of the Smart Amazing Phone; Other wireless communication operators that are planning to offer similar smart phones.
- InPhonic to use Metrocall networking capabilities. // RCR Wireless News;1/29/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p6
Announces InPhonic Inc.'s agreement to use Metrocall Inc.'s wireless data and messaging applications for Research in Motion Ltd. and Motorola TalkAbout T900 devices.
- Metrocall inks Philadelphia contract. // RCR Wireless News;2/12/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p8
Reports on the competitive bid process won by Metrocall Inc. to deliver wireless communications in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- stirring up developer opportunities. Morgan, Bryan // Wireless Week;1/21/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p30
Presents information on BREW, an application execution platform from Qualcomm Inc. that is designed to run at the firmware level on a wide variety of phones and other wireless devices. Services BREW offers; Factor that will determine the success or failure of BREW: Advantage of using BREW.
- QUALCOMM's iMSM solutions boost wireless data transmission speeds. // Wireless Design & Development;Jan2000, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p1
Focuses on the introduction of the iMSM wireless data communication systems by QUALCOMM Inc. Product line supporting the firm's High Data Rate (HDR) technology; Compliant of the products with dual-mode cellular and PCS band IS-95B specifications.
- QUALCOMM INTRODUCES BREW 3.0 FOR MULTIMEDIA MOBILE HANDSETS. // Multimedia Publisher;Jan2004, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p1
States that Qualcomm Inc., a provider of code division multiple access digital wireless technology, has introduced the third major release of its Binary Runtime Environment for Wireless (BREW) client software and BREW software development kit.
- BREW conference brings contracts, third-party alliances. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;6/10/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 23, p4
Reports on the BREW developers conference of Qualcomm Inc. Conjunction of several wireless carriers with the conference; BREW trials conducted by Verizon Wireless Inc.; Plans of Alltel Corp. for BREW services.
- Unnatural selection. Laughlin, Kirk // Wireless Asia;Jun2002, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p26
Reports the development plan for GSM-1x networking solution from Qualcomm. Enhancement of spectral efficiencies for operators; Modification of the mobile switching nodes; Maximization of voice transmission.