- NextWave, FCC battle continues over wireless licenses. Pappalardo, Denise // Network World;7/2/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 27, p8
Reports on the progress of the legal action taken by NextWave Personal Communications Inc. against the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) over wireless telecommunication licenses. Claims made by NextWave; Merits of the lawsuit according to observers.
- Remaining Options Dwindle For NextWave. Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;10/16/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 42, p22
Deals with the status of the conflict between the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and NextWave Personal Communications Inc. over a set of C-Block PCS licenses auctioned in 1999, as of October 16, 2000. Prospects for the petitions filed by NextWave; Question raised by...
- Spectrum Belongs To No One. Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;01/03/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p3
Reports on the lawsuit filed by the United States Federal Communications Commission against NextWave Personal Communications Inc., which involves the company's radio spectrum licenses. How the planned hostile takeover by Nextel Communications triggered the case; Emphasis on the absence of...
- Congress Wades Into C-Block Swamp. Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;02/07/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p13
Reports on the entry of the United States (US) Congress into the Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) C-Block PCS debacle with NextWave Personal Communications Inc. Date of a hearing on the FCC; Details on a decision by the US Bankruptcy Court; Options available to the FCC.
- Nextel, NextWave Speak Via Court. Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;10/25/99, Vol. 5 Issue 43, p3
Focuses on the case filed by the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) against NextWave Personal Communications Inc. Details on the emergency motion filed by Nextel Communications Inc. with the United States Bankruptcy Court for Southern District of New York; Restraining order...
- Next For C Block: Appeals Court. Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;05/29/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 22, p1
Focuses on the victory of the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) on a federal appeals court case against NextWave Personal Communications Inc. over licensure cancellations. Statement from the appeals court on the jurisdiction of the bankruptcy court in reviewing FCC...
- Industry Faces Climb To Rooftops. Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;09/06/99, Vol. 5 Issue 36, p1
Deals with the opposition of various industrial sectors in the United States (US) on the telecommunication regulatory initiatives of the US Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Details on the comments and letters received by the FCC.
- FCC clears way for SDR. Britt, Phillip J. // Telephony;12/18/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 25, p26
Announces that the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has approved rules to facilitate the authorization and use of software-defined radio (SDR) technology. Implication of the SDR technology for wireless users; Recommendations of FCC regarding the technology.
- Briefly. // Telephony;01/22/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 4, p20
Reports that the United States Federal Communications Commission's reauction of wireless spectrum is set to conclude in January 2001. Total amount of bids made by Verizon Wireless.