Testing A Package Deal
- Combo-bidding Reviews Mixed. Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;06/19/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 25, p1
Reports on the mixed reactions of telecommunication carriers to the combinatorial bidding proposal on spectrum by the United States Federal Communication Commission (FCC). Contention of VoiceStream Wireless in its filing with the FCC; Carriers that support combinatorial bidding; Concern of SBC...
- Relocation Costs May Stifle MSS. // Wireless Week;07/10/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 28, p42
Focuses on the contention of satellite companies that a United States Federal Communications Commission Report and Order on spectrum allocation will prove costly for the telecommunication industry. Information on the order; Result of costly relocation payments.
- C Block Hits Carving Block. Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;06/05/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 23, p1
Reports that the United States Federal Communications Commission is planning to change each 30-Megahertz C-Block frequency spectrum. Reactions from small wireless telecommunication companies; Actions taken by large telecommunication companies.
- Clinton's 3G Pandora's Box. Lynch, Grahame // America's Network;11/15/2000, Vol. 104 Issue 17, p6
Focuses on an October 2000 decree of United States President Bill Clinton to the Federal Communications Commission to hold 3G auctions in internationally-designated spectrum bands. Technological and economic risk involved in 3G; Advantage and disadvantage of more cellular technology.
- FCC Document Asks Many Questions, Lays Out Options. Glick, Eric // Wireless Week;01/15/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p7
Provides information on the document released by the United States Federal Communications Commission that focuses on issues raised by the third-generation (3G) spectrum. Questions that the document raised; Issues on the proposal for licensing 3G spectrum; Options for pairing spectrum bands.
- FCC: Extending LMDS Limits? Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;12/20/99, Vol. 5 Issue 51, p1
Reports that the United States Federal Communications Commission is considering the rules that bar local telephone and cable operators from holding local multipoint distribution services (LMDS) licenses in their own service areas. Prediction on the LMDS rules; Vision of the commission when it...
- Industry praises FCC spectrum policy. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR;11/22/99, Vol. 18 Issue 47, p20
Reports on developments with the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) with regards to its spectrum policy. Call for legislation for spectrum fees, tax certificates and `two-sided auctions'; FCC member Harold Furchgott-Roth's backing of the agency's spectrum guidelines;...
- The 700 MHz Gorilla. Alleven, Monica // Wireless Week;6/15/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p24
The article focuses on the 700 megahertz (MHz) telecommunication spectrum in the U.S. According to the author, the spectrum is in the upper 700 MHz range, not the lower 700 MHz band where companies such as Qualcomm's MediaFLO already are deploying services. The spectrum's auction in 2007 are...
- FCC moves closer to spectrum-cap waivers. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;04/24/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 17, p2
Reports on the plan of the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to lift its restrictions on telecommunication firms' acquisition of spectrum. Auction of personal communications services licenses; Opposition of small wireless carriers to the plan of lifting restrictions on the...