A long way from Kosovo
- Making Sense of the Kosovo Crisis. Digby, Bob // Geodate;Jul99, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p1
Discusses issues related to the conflict in Kosovo, Serbia in 1999. INSET: Student Activities.
- Rekindling Kosovo. McCool, Carolyn // Christian Science Monitor;11/17/99, Vol. 91 Issue 246, p11
Presents excerpts from a letter describing the social conditions in Kosovo as of November 1999 and cooperation of various ethnic groups.
- Families huddle in Kosovo chill. Mertens, Richard // Christian Science Monitor;2/1/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 48, p6
Informs of the efforts of the residents of Kosovo to cope with life during winter following North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) airstrikes. Living conditions in Yugoslavia.
- Stay the course in Kosovo. O'Hanlon, Michael // Christian Science Monitor;3/6/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 71, p11
Presents the view that the condition of Kosovo, Serbia is faring better under the surveillance and protection of the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO).
- Confused signals in Kosovo. McDowall, Liam // New Statesman & Society;3/5/93, Vol. 6 Issue 242, p12
Reports that Albanian majority in Kosovo is being persecuted by the ruling Serbs, and argues that this is no reason to countenance Albanian expansionism. Every facet of life in Kosovo is regulated according to ethnicity; Serbia's President Slobodan Milosevic reclaimed Kosovo for Serbia;...
- Loose ends in Kosovo vex the US. Brown, Justin // Christian Science Monitor;11/23/99, Vol. 91 Issue 250, p1
Reports on continued ethnic intolerance and authoritarian power struggles in Kosovo after the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) airstrikes and whether NATO forces will have to remain.
- Pushing for tolerance, and jobs, in Kosovo. Mertens, Richard // Christian Science Monitor;12/28/99, Vol. 92 Issue 24, p1
Focuses on relations between ethnic Albanians and Serbs in the Serbian province of Kosovo as of December 1999. Problems of unemployment for Serbs.
- In Kosovo, a hard year all around. Mertens, Richard // Christian Science Monitor;3/22/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 83, p1
Focuses on Kosovo, in Serbia, and the difficult political, social and economical problems it has had to endure since the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) launched airstrikes there in 1999.
- Will Kosovo be next? Breslau, Karen // Newsweek;8/31/1992, Vol. 120 Issue 9, p50
Describes the tension, fear, and animosity between Albanians and Serbs that make Kosovo such a volatile place these days. How the roots of enmity between these groups extend to the 14th century; The pressing challenge of keeping the conflict in Kosovo from spreading beyond its borders.