- El proceso de conocimiento a la luz de la Teoría Social: La prensa escrita, representaciones sociales y construcción de identidades. Cardoso, Sara Fernández // Revista de Comunicación;2008, Vol. 7, p7
This work tries to show that cognitive processes regarding social reality are influenced by different flows of ideas, which once established as knowledge perspectives, are constituted in paradigms of interpretations that, through language, are expressed in systems of beliefs that define those...
- Historia y comunicaci�n social: apuntes para un di�logo inconcluso. Aproximaci�n cr�tica al campo de estudios hist�ricos en comunicaci�n. Trujillo, Janny Amaya // Comunicaci�n y Sociedad (0188-252X);2010, Issue 13, p149
The central purpose of this article is to offer a critical approach to the development of the historical studies in communication, and its position into the communication research field. Also, the author tries to show some of the most important limitations and constrictions inherited and...
- Special Issue 'Media Processes'. Meitz, Tino G. K. // Empedocles: European Journal for the Philosophy of Communication;Jun2012, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p117
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the guest editors discuss the integration and development on media processes.
- TEORIJSKO-METODOLO�KE ZNACAJKE UTJECAJA MEDIJA NA ADOLESCENTE. Livazovic, Goran // Zivot i Skola;2009, Issue 21, p108
The modern aspects of children and adolescent media use, indicated by numerous media effects studies,, show that there is a significant impact of media portrayed contents on the physical, social and cognitive development of younger viewers. This article discusses the theoretical and...
- LA OPINIÓN PÚBLICA EN TIEMPOS DE MEDIOS COMPLEJOS. Schwarz, Christian // Vida y Ética;2010, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p43
No abstract available.
- LITERACIA DIGITAL E TECNOLOGIAS CRIATIVAS: UM ESTUDO QUALITATIVO COM CRIANÇAS DOS 10 AOS 13 ANOS A PARTIR DO "ATELIÊ DE FORMAS PARA ANIMAÇÃO". Pereira, Sara; Pessôa, Clarisse; Costa, Patrícia // Comunicação e Sociedade;2011, Vol. 22, p110
It is evident today that the media play an important role in society. The way we communicate and relate to each other, the way of accessing and sharing information, the learning process and the exercise of citizenship have changed profoundly due to the new digital environments These changes have...
- CREATING THE ROLE OF MEDIA IN POLITICAL AWARENESS. HAGARAGI, AMBARAYA S. // Golden Research Thoughts;Nov2012, Vol. 2 Issue 5, p1
Media's role in promoting good governance in India has become most pivotal as the issues like equity and equality, inclusiveness and environmental protection have come to occupy the centre stage. More so when the country is passing through an era of unprecedented changes at all levels. People's...
- Iraq rechannels its battle fatigue. Bart, Peter // Daily Variety;10/24/2005, Vol. 289 Issue 16, p4
Focuses on the status and developments in the television industry in Iraq. Proliferation of various media of entertainment in the country after the end of Saddam Hussein's regime; Remarks on the television programs in Iraqi television; Growth of the popularity of reality television programs.
- Perceived Poll Bias and Inference of Biased Poll Impact in the 2010 U.S. Midterm Elections: Media Performance in the Eyes of the Beholder. Ran Wei; Ven-Hwei Lo // Open Communication Journal;2013, Vol. 7, p12
This study examines the role of perceptions of opinion polls in assessing media performance in the 2010 midterm elections using data collected in a southern state. Results show strong hostile media effect in viewing the favorability of the polls and the third-person effect in assessing the...