- El proceso de conocimiento a la luz de la TeorÃa Social: La prensa escrita, representaciones sociales y construcciÃ³n de identidades. Cardoso, Sara Fernández // Revista de ComunicaciÃ³n;2008, Vol. 7, p7
This work tries to show that cognitive processes regarding social reality are influenced by different flows of ideas, which once established as knowledge perspectives, are constituted in paradigms of interpretations that, through language, are expressed in systems of beliefs that define those...
- Historia y comunicaciï¿½n social: apuntes para un diï¿½logo inconcluso. Aproximaciï¿½n crï¿½tica al campo de estudios histï¿½ricos en comunicaciï¿½n. Trujillo, Janny Amaya // Comunicaciï¿½n y Sociedad (0188-252X);2010, Issue 13, p149
The central purpose of this article is to offer a critical approach to the development of the historical studies in communication, and its position into the communication research field. Also, the author tries to show some of the most important limitations and constrictions inherited and...
- Special Issue 'Media Processes'. Meitz, Tino G. K. // Empedocles: European Journal for the Philosophy of Communication;Jun2012, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p117
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the guest editors discuss the integration and development on media processes.
- TEORIJSKO-METODOLOï¿½KE ZNACAJKE UTJECAJA MEDIJA NA ADOLESCENTE. Livazovic, Goran // Zivot i Skola;2009, Issue 21, p108
The modern aspects of children and adolescent media use, indicated by numerous media effects studies,, show that there is a significant impact of media portrayed contents on the physical, social and cognitive development of younger viewers. This article discusses the theoretical and...
- LITERACIA DIGITAL E TECNOLOGIAS CRIATIVAS: UM ESTUDO QUALITATIVO COM CRIANÃ‡AS DOS 10 AOS 13 ANOS A PARTIR DO "ATELIÃŠ DE FORMAS PARA ANIMAÃ‡ÃƒO". Pereira, Sara; Pessôa, Clarisse; Costa, Patrícia // ComunicaÃ§Ã£o e Sociedade;2011, Vol. 22, p110
It is evident today that the media play an important role in society. The way we communicate and relate to each other, the way of accessing and sharing information, the learning process and the exercise of citizenship have changed profoundly due to the new digital environments These changes have...
- CREATING THE ROLE OF MEDIA IN POLITICAL AWARENESS. HAGARAGI, AMBARAYA S. // Golden Research Thoughts;Nov2012, Vol. 2 Issue 5, p1
Media's role in promoting good governance in India has become most pivotal as the issues like equity and equality, inclusiveness and environmental protection have come to occupy the centre stage. More so when the country is passing through an era of unprecedented changes at all levels. People's...
- Chapter 10: Recreation and Social Development. Leitner, Michael J.; Leitner, Sara F. // Leisure Enhancement;2004, p259
Chapter 10 of the book "Leisure Enhancement," third edition is presented. The chapter examines the effects of various types of leisure activity on social development. It offers an overview of the effects of television, movies and video games on social development. It states that music can foster...
- LA OPINIÃ“N PÃšBLICA EN TIEMPOS DE MEDIOS COMPLEJOS. Schwarz, Christian // Vida y Ã‰tica;2010, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p43
No abstract available.
- Iraq rechannels its battle fatigue. Bart, Peter // Daily Variety;10/24/2005, Vol. 289 Issue 16, p4
Focuses on the status and developments in the television industry in Iraq. Proliferation of various media of entertainment in the country after the end of Saddam Hussein's regime; Remarks on the television programs in Iraqi television; Growth of the popularity of reality television programs.