Pacing Delays--The Practical Effect
- Construction Companies. // Prague Business Journal;11/19/2001, Vol. 6 Issue 46, p14
Presents chart depicting construction companies rank in Czech Republic. Basis of rank; Company name and address; Construction specialty; Services of the company; Names of major clients; Enumeration of projects; Identification of top executive position.
- Ready to rebound. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;10/15/1999, Vol. 43 Issue 41, p11
Reports on developments in Middle East's construction industry. Signs of recovery in selected markets; Impact of soft oil prices; Major projects in Saudi Arabia; Revival of capital spending; Slow down of building activity in Lebanon and Qatar.
- Schedule Delay Analysis. Stumpf, George F. // Cost Engineering;Jul2000, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p32
Evaluates the significance of schedule delays in construction by using different delay analysis methods. Types of schedule delays; Categories of recovery for schedule delay damages; Example for illustrating differences in the results of delay analysis methods.
- BUSINESS ALERT. // Contract Journal;9/3/2003, Vol. 420 Issue 6442, p23
Provides information on several construction projects in Great Britain as of September 3, 2003. Theater renovation and redevelopment at Dumfries; Construction of a transport museum at Glasgow; Refurbishment of catering facilities at Westminster.
- The Homeowner Notebook. Lupberger, David // Qualified Remodeler;Aug2008, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p24
The article focuses on the importance of a homeowner notebook in the design and planning field in the U.S. According to the author, the homeowner notebook helps a person achieve clearer communication with the customer, provides documentation and offers a record of every decision and expense....
- Unfinished Business. Eichten, Chuck // This Old House;May2007, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p53
The article presents the author's views on the reasons behind the unfinished construction projects. He comments that many projects have become unfinished due to the delay of contractors to start them. The author identifies several stages that lead to unfinished projects. He observes that if the...
- Essential Economics. // Pit & Quarry;Jan2004, Vol. 96 Issue 7, p2
Presents the chart depicting the rates of the contract value in the construction industry in the U.S. as of September 2003. Values presented by the different types of constructions; Amount in the total construction rate; Percentage in the increase of the rates.
- Compensate PFl bidders, urges report. Gates, Charlie // Building Design;4/22/2005, Issue 1670, p4
Reports on the proposal of David Eaton, an academic at Salford University, to let the government pay back costs incurred by firms bidding for major PFI projects in England. Fear of many contractors on spending large amount in the bidding process; Statement of Eaton on the disadvantages of...
- Land ahoy. // International Construction;Jun2007, Vol. 46 Issue 5, p62
The article reports on the constructing foundations for the investment group Pinotage Corp. by Bauer Fundaciones Panama SA in Panama City, Panama. Bauer's contract comprises installing 85 bored piles, with diameters up to 1.85 meter to an average depth of meters. Bauer has started foundations...