Pacing Delays--The Practical Effect
- Ready to rebound. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;10/15/1999, Vol. 43 Issue 41, p11
Reports on developments in Middle East's construction industry. Signs of recovery in selected markets; Impact of soft oil prices; Major projects in Saudi Arabia; Revival of capital spending; Slow down of building activity in Lebanon and Qatar.
- Construction Companies. // Prague Business Journal;11/19/2001, Vol. 6 Issue 46, p14
Presents chart depicting construction companies rank in Czech Republic. Basis of rank; Company name and address; Construction specialty; Services of the company; Names of major clients; Enumeration of projects; Identification of top executive position.
- Schedule Delay Analysis. Stumpf, George F. // Cost Engineering;Jul2000, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p32
Evaluates the significance of schedule delays in construction by using different delay analysis methods. Types of schedule delays; Categories of recovery for schedule delay damages; Example for illustrating differences in the results of delay analysis methods.
- BUSINESS ALERT. // Contract Journal;9/3/2003, Vol. 420 Issue 6442, p23
Provides information on several construction projects in Great Britain as of September 3, 2003. Theater renovation and redevelopment at Dumfries; Construction of a transport museum at Glasgow; Refurbishment of catering facilities at Westminster.
- The Homeowner Notebook. Lupberger, David // Qualified Remodeler;Aug2008, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p24
The article focuses on the importance of a homeowner notebook in the design and planning field in the U.S. According to the author, the homeowner notebook helps a person achieve clearer communication with the customer, provides documentation and offers a record of every decision and expense....
- Essential Economics. // Pit & Quarry;Jan2004, Vol. 96 Issue 7, p2
Presents the chart depicting the rates of the contract value in the construction industry in the U.S. as of September 2003. Values presented by the different types of constructions; Amount in the total construction rate; Percentage in the increase of the rates.
- Compensate PFl bidders, urges report. Gates, Charlie // Building Design;4/22/2005, Issue 1670, p4
Reports on the proposal of David Eaton, an academic at Salford University, to let the government pay back costs incurred by firms bidding for major PFI projects in England. Fear of many contractors on spending large amount in the bidding process; Statement of Eaton on the disadvantages of...
- Masco Contractor Services earns residential building industry honor. // Wenatchee Business Journal;Mar2004, Vol. 18 Issue 3, pA12
Reports that Masco Contractor Services of Wenatchee, Washington has been named a runner-up in the Certified Contractor Firm of the Year Awards. Recognition bestowed for the company's involvement in the Certified Insulation Contractor Program; Description of the Certified Contractor program;...
- Adapting for survival when nothing is working. Schwartz, Al // Contractor Magazine;Apr2011, Vol. 58 Issue 4, p20
The article offers the author's insights on how contractors can adapt survival during unfortunate economic inactivity. He believes that contractors must learn to diversify their area of expertise such as plumbing and pipefitting, making it the best chance for long term survival. He asserts that...