Grove/Atlantic Makes Trans-Atlantic Move With New London Office
- Grove to Add U.K. Office. // Publishers Weekly;7/3/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 27, p17
Reports that publishing company Grove/Atlantic will expand its business in Great Britain with the opening of its office in London, England for its unit called Grove UK. Publishing director appointed for Grove UK; Schedule of Grove's first title release; Actions taken by Morgan Entrekin,...
- Independents crack the list with attention, marketing and luck. // Book Publishing Report;01/03/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p5
Reports on the success of independent publishers in `The New York Times' bestseller list. Hay House's success with `Adventures of a Psychic'; Grove Atlantic's success with `Black Hawk Down: Story of a Modern War'; Factors that contributed to their success.
- Hot deals. Baker, John F. // Publishers Weekly;1/25/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 4, p14
Presents news briefs on book publishers. Details on the acquisition of the book `A Man Named Dave,' by Dave Pelzer; Information on the signing of epic novel by Elisabeth Schmitz for Grove/Atlantic company; `Worth Fighting For,' by Dan Quayle.
- Grove May Buy Scottish Indie. Richardson, Jean // Publishers Weekly;11/6/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 45, p24
Reports on the possible merger between Canongate, a publisher in Scotland, and Grove/Atlantic. Reputation of Canongate; What Canongate's list covers.
- Grove/Atlantic moves distribution to PGW. Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;11/29/1993, Vol. 240 Issue 48, p13
Reports on Grove/Atlantic's transfer of its sales representation and distribution to Publishers Group West (PGW). Publishers Resources Inc. (PRI) as former provider of fulfillment services; Grove/Atlantic president and publisher Morgan Entrekin's reasons for the change; Deadline for PRI's...
- Short Takes. Baker, John F. // Publishers Weekly;4/26/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 17, p10
Presents updates on the publishing industry as of April 2004. Information on a book written by Eric Jay Dolin regarding whaling in the U.S.; Background of the book "Juking the Game: Drugs, Money and the Fight for the Soul of Major League Baseball," by Howard Bryant; Deal between author Rattawut...
- Hardy perennials. Nathan, Paul // Publishers Weekly;4/3/1995, Vol. 242 Issue 14, p21
Reports on Grove/Atlantic's plan to reissue `Candy' and `Flesh and Filigree,' by Terry Southern in trade paperback. Jimmy Vines as agent.
- Femme in flight. Nathan, Paul // Publishers Weekly;6/26/1995, Vol. 242 Issue 26, p32
Reports on book rights deals generated by Grove/Atlantic for its spring 1996 novel `Shooting Elvis,' by Robert Eversz. Pan Macmillan as winner of the British and Australian rights to the book; DeBoekerij as winner of the Dutch rights; Value of the deals; Movie rights.
- Abraham, Moses, Isaiah, Bono? Keil, Beth Landman; Mitchell, Deborah // New York;08/02/99, Vol. 32 Issue 29, p9
Announces the partnership between U2 lead singer Bono with Grove/Atlantic. Introduction to the Book of Psalms in a paperback edition written by Bono; When this edition would be out in the market; Rock stars who will also write in the paperback; How Bono felt for King David.