S&S Takes The Lead In E-Publishing Again Through Deal With Lightning
- Lightning Strikes Again, As Penguin Signs Deal, S&S Prepares Fall E-list. // Book Publishing Report;08/28/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 34, p6
Reports the partnership of Lightning Source Inc. with Penguin Putnam Inc. and Simon & Schuster in Nashville, Tennessee. Terms of the partnership agreements; Company commitment to electronic publishing; Preparation for the release of electronic books and titles in print and electronic formats;...
- Partnerships & Acquisitions. // Educational Marketer;8/04/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 22, p8
Reports on the partnership and acquisition in electronic publishing in the U.S. as of August 4, 2003. Acquisition of electronic database publisher SIRS Publishing by information aggregator ProQuest; Percentage of the ownership interest of Princeton Review.
- AOP takes on BT as partner to help develop content charging. Brooks, Greg // New Media Age;8/22/2002, p5
Reports on the partnership between the Association of Online Publishers (AOP) and BT to develop the BT Click&Buy Service. Terms of the agreement; Description of how the Click&Buy Service works; Other partners of BT for the service; Functions of AOP members under the partnership.
- Of fancy pixels and loyalty to pulp. // Journal of Business (10756124);12/19/2013, Vol. 28 Issue 26, p8
The article reflects on adoption of digital methods in publishing operations and topics discussed include redeveloped website of the journal located at www.spokanejournal.com, Journal of Business application, and partnership with website developer Zipline Communications Inc.
- NetRead Forms Academic Partnership, Expands Services. Rosen, Judith // Publishers Weekly;10/23/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 43, p27
Reports that NetRead, a publishing portal known for its JacketCaster program, entered into a yearlong academic developmental partnership with several university presses. Names of the university presses and trade publishers that have signed on with JacketCaster; Enhancements to JackCaster;...
- Publons deal gives peer review credit on MDPI journals. // Research Information;Oct/Nov2015, Issue 80, p32
The article reports on the partnership between the social networking website Publons and the open-access publisher Multidisciplinary Digital Publishing Institute (MDPI) to motivate reviewers by giving credit for peer review.
- Interactive Bytes : Do's & don'ts in a credit crunch. Thompson, Alastair // AdMedia;Feb2009, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p11
The article presents the things that online publishers and advertisers must and must not do during a credit crunch. Publishers are advised to talk to their best customers and propose ways to deliver more for less and to not cut ratecard prices. For advertisers, it is important to seek creative...
- In The Bulletin Since Last Issue. // Seybold Report: Analyzing Publishing Technologies;8/5/2002, Vol. 2 Issue 9, p24
Reports developments in publishing industry in the U.S. as of July 2002. Collaboration of Equilibrium and Pageflex to create PageRich; Offer of Stellent of Tamino XML Server as a standard component of the Stellent Content Management Server; Postponement of the Imprinta '03.
- Up-market beauty magazine expands from print to online. Matthews, Sam // New Media Age;9/14/2006, p9
This article announces that "Beautique," a luxury beauty magazine is moving online and has selected Media Run Searcgh to help it drive traffic to the Web site. The magazine has been running as a quarterly print title in association with Harrods for over two years, and will launch with women's...