- News & views. Estes, Sally // Booklist;03/15/99, Vol. 95 Issue 14, p1338
Presents news briefs concerning the book industry, compiled as of March 15, 1999. Includes winners of the second annual Charlotte Zolotow Award for outstanding writing in a picture book; Winner of the Jo Osborne Award for Humor in Children's Literature; Availability of `Riddle Master: The...
- The Reward of Awards. Lahey, Anita // Quill & Quire;Dec96, Vol. 62 Issue 12, p12
Reports on the impact of literary awards or nominations on the sales of books written by Canada-based authors. Titles that have experienced substantial sales increases after receiving awards or nominations; Factors other than awards that can significantly increase book sales; Prestige...
- NY Book Show celebrates 10th. Hilts, Paul // Publishers Weekly;12/11/1995, Vol. 242 Issue 50, p28
Highlights the winners at Bookbinders Guild of New York's 10th Annual New York Book Show held in November 1995.
- Bologna Fair awards announced. Roback, Diane; Maughan, Shannon // Publishers Weekly;4/5/1993, Vol. 240 Issue 14, p23
Announces winners of the two annual international prizes for graphic excellence in picture books by the Bologna Book Fair, held April 15-18, 1993. The Fiere di Bologna Graphics Prize for Children went to `Dictionnaire du Pere Noel' by Gregoire Solotareff; The Critici in Erba Prize went to `Der...
- Libraries and prizes. Anderson, Scott // Quill & Quire;Jun2003, Vol. 69 Issue 6, p22
Giller Prize founder Jack Rabinovitch likes to point out that for the price of a good meal in Toronto, one can buy all of the books shortlisted for the annual literary award. Ruth Smith, manager of the Griffin, says she wants to do more promotions with libraries, and late last year she began...
- The fifth annual National Book Award. McDonnell, Thomas P. // America;1/30/1954, Vol. 90 Issue 18, p448
The author provides information on the 5th annual National Book Award sponsored by the American Booksellers Association and Book Manufacturer's Institute in the U.S. According to the author, the said event invites booksellers, critics, reviewers, and publishers and he cites that these sectors...
- Go Figure. Kachka, Boris // New York;4/4/2005, Vol. 38 Issue 11, p71
Focuses on the book trade in the U.S. Inaccuracy of sales figures; Comments on book awards; Decline in book reviewing quality.
- Changes. // Quill & Quire;Apr2000, Vol. 66 Issue 4, p15
Reports developments in the book industries and trade in Canada as of April 2000. Appointment of Michael Carroll as managing editor by Beach Holme Publishing; Recipient of the Bologna Ragazzi Prize; Availability of Polestar Books and Press Gang Publishers through Raincoast.
- The winner is... // Publishers Weekly;6/26/1995, Vol. 242 Issue 26, p78
Presents the winners of the 1995 Benjamin Franklin Awards, The Blackboard African American Bestselling Books of the Year, and the 1994 Lamba Literary Awards, which were presented at the 95th American Booksellers Association convention and trade show held on June 3 to 5, 1995 in Chicago, Illinois.