In the Loop
- London Publisher Finds U.S. Market For Its Biting Take On U.K. Culture. // Book Publishing Report;06/05/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 23, p4
Reports on London, England-based book publisher ...ellipsis' plan to market its books in the United States as of June 5, 2000. Company background; Company's opening of its marketing office in New York City.
- HARLEM HAVEN. McCrea, Bridget; Johnson, James // Black Enterprise;Nov2005, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p62
The article focuses on the Hue-Man Bookstore and Cafe in Harlem, New York. A background information on the establishment of the bookstore is provided. Data on the number of employees and revenue of the company in 2004 are provided. Marva Allen, a partner in the Hue-Man Bookstore and Cafe,...
- Other highlights.... // Book Publishing Report;5/9/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 18, p7
Presents other highlights on the New York Times hardcover nonfiction list of publishers in the U.S. Globalization and economics title for Holtzbrinck company; Rank on number twenty-five on the list for Regnery company.
- Vintage Bookshops Worth the Trip. // Travel & Leisure;Sep2007, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p218
The article features several bookstores in the United States. The Isaiah Thomas Books and Prints in Massachusetts provides over 70,000 books such as architecture, photography and miniature books. The Brattle Book Shop in Massachusetts carries over 150,000 books such as art, geography and...
- Category Review: Business Books Continue Upward Swing as Topic Goes Mainstream. // Book Publishing Report;Mar2007, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p1
The article reports that the business of publishing business books in 2006 was particularly striking after several years of steady ramp-up in the U.S. 68 editions of 65 titles in the Business & Economics category have appeared on various newspapers in 2006. These figures has reflected a 21%...
- Dine-a-Mate founder back with new offers. Dickinson, Casey J. // Business Journal (Central New York);11/19/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 47, p1
Reports on the re-entry by Dine-a-Mate founder Raymond Stanton II into the two-for-one coupon book market in Binghamton, New York. Features of the new Enjoy the City coupon book; Responsibilities of Stanton's children in his company; Growth of the company from a fund-raising idea into a...
- Profitable 1stBooks Fueled by Growth Of Print-On-Demand Services. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;6/4/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 23, p31
Focuses on publishing company 1stBooks Library. Senior vice president for the company's business development division; Background on the company; Factors which contributed to its profitability.
- Tower Records Looks for Buyer. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;5/26/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 21, p14
Reports that Tower Records hired investment banking firm Greif & Co. to find a buyer. Decline in sales for the six-month period ended January 31, 2003; Initiatives taken by the company to improve financial performance; Number of stores comprising Tower's book operation.
- A Stall in the Sale of AOL's Book Unit Reflects a Turn in Sector Restructuring. Shearer, Brent // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Jun2003, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p18
Reports on various issues involved in the sale of the book division of AOL Time Warner Inc. as of June 1, 2003. Factors being considered by AOL in its aim to sell the unit according to media consultant Peter Kreisky; Objective of selling the unit; Subplot in the sale of the AOL books unit.