B&N.com To `Do For Books What Music Videos Did For Music'
- Barnesandnoble.com's Pay-Off. // Chain Store Age;Sep 99 Part 1 of 2, Vol. 75 Issue 9, p174
Focuses on Mybnlink, a promotional program of barnesandnoble.com to stimulate online sales activity. How it works; Charities included in the program.
- Becoming a page-turner. Jay, Leslie // Crain's New York Business;11/27/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 48, p56
Reports on the achievements of New York City-based online retailer Barnesandnoble.com Inc. Opening of distribution facilities in Memphis and Reno; Offer of electronic book titles in three different formats; Replacement of Amazon.com Inc. as the featured merchant of Yahoo.com.
- E-commerce, e-mmediately. EVANS, MIKE // Industry Week/IW;12/21/98, Vol. 247 Issue 23, p84
Comments on the importance of electronic commerce in the emerging trend of high technology area. Estimates of Internet sales of goods in 1998; Growth of Internet usage; Why customers take advantage of the opportunities to shop online at home; Comparison between online services of Amazon.com and...
- Barnes & Noble launches wireless e-commerce. // RCR;12/06/99, Vol. 18 Issue 49, p25
Announces Internet retailer barnesandbnoble.com's launch of a wireless electronic commerce initiative called bn.com On the Go designed to allow customers to search for and buy its products from wireless devices.
- barnesandnoble shores up against Amazon. Vargas, Alexia // Crain's New York Business;12/11/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 50, p33
Reports on the electronic commerce competition between Barnesandnoble.Com Inc. and Amazon.Com Inc. Efforts of each company in getting a competitive advantage over each other; Comparison of the financial performance of the companies during the third quarter of 2000; Features added by each...
- Barnes & Noble. com to offer free shipping. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;7/30/2001-8/6/2001, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p24
Reports on Barnes and Noble.com's introduction of a free shipping offer for two or more items purchased. Reduction of the domestic standard ground rates for shipment of single items; Earlier move made by rival Amazon.com to offer free shipping for two or more items; Need for the companies to...
- A barnesandnoble.com redesign. // Link-Up;Jul/Aug98, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p17
Reports on the launching of an enhanced version of barnesandnoble.com's electronic commerce Web site in 1998. Features of the site; Usage information.
- New Bestseller Lists From B&N.com. Nawotka, Edward // Publishers Weekly;7/1/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 26, p14
Announces the addition of an hourly, real-time bestseller lists to the online store of BarnesandNoble.com. Aim of introducing a new feature; Potential of the bestseller list; Information on its book category lists.
- Top 10 multi-channel retailers. // Advertising Age;6/18/2001, Vol. 72 Issue 25, p65
This section presents a chart of the top multi-channel Internet retailers for the month of April 2001, including ticketmaster.com and barnesandnoble.com.