Return To Profitability Unlikely As NewStar Files For Chapter 11
- NewStar Files for Chapter 11 Protection. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;7/17/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 29, p77
Reports that NewStar Media has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in the United States Bankruptcy Court in June 2000. Amount of assets and debts of NewStar; Impact of the shortage of working capital on the publishing division of NewStar; Sales of NewStar for the first quarter ended March...
- Cash Crunch Hits NewStar Media. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;5/1/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 18, p10
Reports that NewStar Media is experiencing a severe working capital shortage as of April 2000. Action taken by the company to continue operations; Company's net loss and decrease in revenue in 1999; Increase in sales at its publishing division.
- Documents Show NewStar On Edge Of Ruin--And How It Got There. // Book Publishing Report;05/08/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 19, p4
Focuses on the financial losses of NewStar Media in 1999. Shortage of working capital; Failure of a strategy to expand the audio book business; Decision on the release of print and audio books.
- NewStar Media gives itself another makeover, fights for financial survival. // Book Publishing Report;03/13/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p1
Reports on NewStar Media Inc.'s strategy to remake itself into a profitable audiobook publisher. Outcome of the company's previous focus on the Internet, non-traditional retailers and mass market products; Executives appointed by the company to aid in its turnaround; Overview of the company's...
- NewStar in Deal with Viner/Raffin. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;4/17/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 16, p18
Focuses on the agreement between Michael Viner and Deborah Raffin, founders of Dove Audio, and NewStar Media company. Benefits of the agreement to both companies; Titles involved in the deal; Business status of NewStar Media.
- Dove is now NewStar Media. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;6/8/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 23, p14
Announces that Dove Entertainment has changed its name to NewStar Media Inc. as part of its efforts to reinvent itself. Plans for imprints on books and audio books; Refocus of audio operations toward longer abridgments of books; Transformation of print books; Continued expansion of TV and film...
- NewStar Launches Web Site, Acquires Audio Literature. // Publishers Weekly;6/21/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 25, p12
Reports the plans for 1999 of the NewStar Media Inc. Information on the Web site audiouniverse.com; Names of executives handling the publishing operations of the company; Financial performance of the company for the first quarter.
- Audio BITS. // Publishers Weekly;8/2/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 31, p25
Presents news briefs concerning audio books in the United States. Audios by Neale Donald acquired by New World Library; Changes announced by American Press Association in the Audie Awards in 1999; Audiobook to be given by NewStar Media's Web site AudioUniverse.com.
- NewStar Media Expansion Continues. Rosenblum, Trudi M. // Publishers Weekly;7/5/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 27, p32
Reports on the continued expansion of Newstar Media's audio division. Information on the Web site launched by the company; Plans of the company to launch a lower-priced imprint for mass merchants; Reorganization of its executive staff.