Internet-Based Subsidiary Rights Trading Gaining Acceptance From Book Industry
- community. // Missoula Independent;11/29/2013, Vol. 23 Issue 48, p38
A calendar of events related to community agendas in Missoula, Montana from November 2012 to December 2012 is presented including the City Life Community Center Annual Auction, the Occupy Missoula General Assembly meeting and the First Night Missoula Book Fair.
- Ever thought of a blind auction in your store? Epperson, Jerry // Furniture/Today;8/26/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 50, p18
Explores ways to auction products. Auctions over the Internet; Monitoring of bids; Tips for making no-minimum-bid-blind auction.
- Going Once, Twice...Sold? Hanover, Dan // Chain Store Age;Aug99 Part 1 of 2, Vol. 75 Issue 8, p130
Focuses on the popularity of business-to-business online auctions. Websites that offer such service; Importance of the process to business finance; Attributions to the trend. INSET: How classy.
- It's 'buyer beware' on Internet auctions. Goldsborough, Reid // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);10/09/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 16, p27
Focuses on the explosion of the Internet auctions. Comparison with in-person auctions; Popular Internet auction sites; Most popular for sale at online auctions; Payment system; Fraud protection; Inaccurate product description; Auction addiction.
- Going...Going...Gone. Thurston, Charles W. // Global Finance;Mar2000, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p78
Deals with the growth of online auctions and other electronic services that facilitate business-to-business electronic commerce. Details on the three basic types of auctions; Reason for the rapid growth in electronic auction market.
- Do You Have Treasures In Your File Cabinets? Ross, Bob // Public Relations Tactics;May2000, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p29
Focuses on eBay Internet auction in the United States. List of products included in the bidding activity; Business card signed by Microsoft owner Bill Gates; List of buyers; Auction price.
- Suppliers Make Bid for Business In Reverse Auctions. Jones, Rene'e Beasley // San Diego Business Journal;6/9/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 23, p5
Describes the impact of the use of online reverse auctions or Internet-based auctions by the San Diego County, California. Mechanism of the online reverse auction; Less time needed to complete a purchase through an e-auction compared to paper-phone-fax trail; E-auctions as evolving procurement...
- Smaller players drive e-channel strategies. LaMonica, Martin // InfoWorld;07/17/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 29, p3
Reports that startups with flexible business models are driving the first wave of auctions and dynamic pricing in e-business. Pressure put by early business auction experiments on established brick-and-mortar outfits; Issues that must be addressed in auctions and exchanges.
- Where the auction is. Dancer, Helen // Australian Personal Computer;Oct99, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p52
Provides an overview on developments concerning online auctions. Issues of concern to online retailers; Major appeal of online auction; Projected growth of business-to-consumer sales in the auction; Difference of online auction to the traditional seller-centric marketplace.