Getting BIGGER on a Budget
- Manufacturer's facility speaks design. // Display & Design Ideas;May2006, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p8
The article reports that fixture and furniture manufacturer Morgan Concepts has expanded, moving into a space twice the size of its previous facilities. Its new facility in Huntington Beach, California, was designed just for the manufacturer's needs by J. Nabs Carlson, the company's design...
- Baker CPA firm expands office in Manlius. Dickinson, Casey J. // Business Journal (Central New York);9/23/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 38, p17
The article reports that Brian D. Baker CPA, P.C. has expanded its office at 125 W. Seneca St. in the Kinloch Commons in New York. The 15-year-old accounting firm has boosted its space from 1,000 to 1,600 square feet. The Baker firm moved into Kinloch Commons in 1998. Baker owns the 35- year-old...
- Twin Lakes community members welcome new chapter house. LYN SMITH, NOEL // Navajo Times;11/15/2012, Vol. 51 Issue 46, pA-4
The article reports on the opening of the Bahastl'ah Chapter's new building which features a large council room for chapter meetings, a commercial kitchen, conference room and staff offices in Twin Lakes, New Mexico.
- Local Merrill Lynch office in expansion mode. Carmona, José L. // Caribbean Business;7/17/2008, Vol. 36 Issue 28, p8
The article reports on the investment of $3 million by securities firm Merrill Lynch to nearly double its space by adding 8,000 square feet for offices to accommodate 24 new financial advisers in Guaynabo, Puerto Rico. According to company's local first vice president HÃ©ctor Laffitte, the...
- Greenbelt Electric expands in Wheeler. // Clarendon Enterprise (TX);2/ 3/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p3
The article reports on the office expansion of Greenbelt Electric Cooperative Inc. (GEC) in Wheeler County, Georgia which will be used for office space, warehouse storage and a lineman's area to meet the growing electric demand.
- How Urban Physics Can Improve Your Workplace. Chopovsky, Max // Harvard Business Review Digital Articles;8/21/2014, p2
The article discusses the principles of urban physics and offers ideas on how to integrate them in office space planning to improve organizational culture including determining which conference rooms or meeting areas have the most traffic by monitoring employees' movement within the office.
- Growing NCA moves into bigger office. Cornell, Ryan // Crain's Cleveland Business;10/13/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 41, p5
Mayfield Heights, Ohio-based NCA Financial Planners has moved into a bigger office space. NCA vice president Dennis Lehman said the financial planning firm has grown steadily from 16 employees three years ago to 24 employees today, prompting the need for more space. NCA's old office measured...
- Finger Lakes Business Svcs. closes another acquisition. Tampone, Kevin // Business Journal (Central New York);2/12/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p1
The article reports on the business expansion of Finger Lakes Business Services Inc. following its acquisition of Communication Services Inc. in Rome, New York. It states that the company has been active on acquisition activities and had purchased Answer Bay Area Inc., Communications Center of...
- To Feed or Not to Feed? Konig, Susan // On Wall Street;Feb2001, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p40
Discusses the advise of Eugene Trudden, financial planner at Salomon Smith Barney company in Garden City, New York, on how to conduct seminars for prospective investors. Drawbacks of serving dinner at seminars; Advantages of taking public speaking courses prior to the seminar; Ideal size of a...