Good Marketing Trumps a Bad Economy
- 5 Ways to Recession-Proof Your Practice. Crane, Amy Butteh // Journal of Financial Planning;Jul/Aug2008 Supplement, p6
The article offers advice to financial planners on how they can help their businesses cope with a recession. Re-branding activities, such as using a new name or a new logo can energize a practice. Additions to the firm's menu of services can generate new revenue. Planners can also create new...
- Authority Figure. Bowen Jr., John J. // Financial Planning;Sep2007, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p35
The article provides an overview of how to market a financial advisor's credibility to be able to attract new clients in the business. A 12-step process that can help advisors establish their credibility is presented, including setting the goals and strategy, reviewing marketing materials, and...
- The Target Practice. Picard, Diane E. // Financial Planning;Dec98, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p93
Contends that the primary concern of financial planners desiring to attract new clients is where to advertise. Strategies financial planners can implement in advertising; Examples of financial planners that have launched successful advertising efforts.
- FPA set to win RateCity mandate. Egan, Liam // Money Management;8/9/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 29, p1
The article reports on negotiation of Financial Planning Association (FPA) with retail financial product portal RateCity for Certified Financial Planners (CFPs) accessibility to portal's customers in Australia. The negotiation is intended to provide list of branded CFPs for the pending launch of...
- Use Demographic Resources to Target Specific Audiences. King, Rebecca // Journal of Financial Planning;Dec2010, Vol. 23 Issue 12, Special section p4
The article offers information on the use of consumer demographics as a tool for financial planners in targeting potential clients in the U.S. It notes that there are 112 million households and closely 9 million consumer households have high annual net worth which are excellent prospects for...
- Anecdotal Evidence. Prince, Russ Alan; File, Karen Maru // Financial Planning;Dec98, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p139
Illustrates how financial planners can use anecdotes to deal with their clients. Gain of financial planners by employing anecdotes to clients to deliver their points; Techniques in employing anecdotes.
- Simple is as simple does. // Money Management;2/3/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p28
The article discusses on the need for the Australian financial planners to provide simpler financial products and have fewer fees and fees attached to them.
- 4 Steps to an Effective Marketing Plan. Buttell, Amy E. // Journal of Financial Planning;Jan/Feb2009 Practice Management, p6
The article discusses how financial planners can develop a marketing plan. Four key steps are identified. Planners should first identify their own strengths and decide who their target audience will be. While recruiting new clients planners must be sure maintain regular communication with...
- Carpe Datum, Part II. McCarthy, Ed // Journal of Financial Planning;Mar2000, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p50
This article suggests ways of helping average financial planners achieve an acceptable level of information technology (IT) integration. The suggestions include the development of information technology skills internally, the utilization of a software developer/consultant, and the formation of a...