In the Loop
- Picador USA Breaks Out. Abbott, Charlotte // Publishers Weekly;11/18/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 46, p19
Announces that Picador will be devoted to paperbacks starting in 2004. Implication of the decision to drop Picador's hardcover program; Number of hardcovers to be published by the company after 2003.
- Audio Renaissance Moving to NYC. Maughan, Shannon // Publishers Weekly;9/30/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 39, p12
Announces that Holtzbrinck Publishers will move its audio division Audio Renaissance to New York City from the Los Angeles, California location in November 2002. Number of audiobooks produced by the division per year; Trade publishers of Holtzbrinck.
- Distribution DAYBOOK. // Publishers Weekly;12/21/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 51, p20
Presents news briefs concerning the publishing industry as of December 21, 1998. Distribution agreement of the company of John Gallman with Baker & Taylor company; Product management system instated by Bookworld; Views of Steven Schragis, publisher of Carol Publishing on the status of the...
- More New York Floorspace At Holtzbrinck, Rodale. // Book Publishing Report;7/5/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 25, p4
Reports on the plan of Holtzbrink Publishers to expand its lease on the Flatiron building in New York City. Terms under the lease deal; Rodale's expansion of its lease in a building in Emmaus, Pennsylvania.
- Other Highlights.... // Book Publishing Report;5/2/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 17, p7
Highlights the publishers and its specific publications in the U.S.
- Coady Named Picador USA Publisher. // Publishers Weekly;5/1/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 18, p9
Reports that former Granta Books publisher Frances Coady has been named vice president and publisher of Picador USA. Person that Coady will succeed; Experience of Coady in the British publishing world; Person to whom Coady will report at Picador.
- Holtzbrinck To Ship Free. // Publishers Weekly;1/10/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 2, p13
Reports on the plans of trade house Holtzbrinck Publishers to adopt the free freight policy beginning in November 2005. Reason for the company's move; Benefit of the new approach for the publisher; Trade titles affected by the changes.
- Roche to Head Audio Renaissance. // Publishers Weekly;11/4/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 44, p17
Announces that Mary Beth Roche will join Holtzbrinck Publishers as vice president and publisher of audio division Audio Renaissance on November 18, 2002. Responsibilities of Roche; Career prior to joining Holtzbrinck.
- NetLibrary Struggling As Costs Outpace Sales, Sources Say. // Book Publishing Report;03/26/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 13, p3
Reports on the financial woes of ebook publisher netLibrary Inc. Sale of Peanutpress to Palm Inc.; Staff cuts; Problems caused by costs outpacing sales.