Returns Climbing, While Consumer Book Sales Continued Slide In May
- May Bookstore Sales Soar. // Publishers Weekly;07/31/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 31, p20
Reports on the retail bookstore sales in the United States (U.S.) in May 2000, according to the U.S. Census Bureau.
- Between the Lines. Flamm, Matthew; Lannon, Linnea // Entertainment Weekly;12/17/99, Issue 517, p74
Provides updates on issues related to book trade in the United States as of December 1999.
- Biz Book Buyers Like Stores. // Publishers Weekly;4/10/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 15, p11
Reports a survey concerning business books buying in the United States. Percentages of books that are bought in bookstores and in the Internet; Results on the status of borrowing of business books.
- Publishers Report Dismal January Trade Book Sales, Rise In Returns. // Book Publishing Report;03/26/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 13, p7
Reports on the sales performance of United States book publishers in January 2001. Categories; Returns as a percentage of gross sales, 2001 versus 2000.
- June Brings Signs Of Hope For Adult Trade Books, As Sales Of Hardcovers and Paperbacks Show... // Book Publishing Report;8/27/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 34, p6
Reports on the rise in adult trade book sales in the United States in June 2001. Hardcover sales; Paperback sales; Comparison with children's book sales.
- Independents Not Counting On A Christmas Miracle. // Book Publishing Report;10/14/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 40, p1
Discusses the cautious optimism of independent booksellers in the U.S. about the industry's expected performance during the 2002 Christmas holiday season. Challenge posed by a short holiday season; Projected same store superstore growth; Fiction titles that may help booksellers post modest gains.
- Chain Booksellers Look To Fiction A-List For Christmas Cheer In This 'Challenging' Year. // Book Publishing Report;11/25/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 46, p1
Reports that chain booksellers in the United States are banking on releases from high-profile commercial novelists to bring in sales during the Christmas holiday season.
- Delineating a decade. Simson, Maria; Chevannes, Ingrid // Publishers Weekly;3/20/1995, Vol. 242 Issue 12, pS24
Compares the trade paperback industry in the United States in 1994 and 1984. Favorite subject matter; Changes in nutrition and cookbooks; Decline in number of mass titles; List of trade paperbacks; Mass market.
- Ups & downs. Ink, Gary // Publishers Weekly;3/20/1995, Vol. 242 Issue 12, pS29
Assesses the book title production in the United States in 1994. Total number of books recorded in 1993; Output by category; Decline in mass market output; Other categories that showed declines; Decrease in overall average price of hardcover books.