New Thomas Nelson Publisher Details Plan To Double Sales By 2004
- Hyatt: Strategic Publishing Units Working. Garrett, Lynn // Publishers Weekly;10/8/2007, Vol. 254 Issue 40, p6
The article reports that according to Thomas Nelson CEO Michael Hyatt, the strategic publishing units keyed to BISAC category codes implemented by Thomas in its reorganization in 2006 has been successful. He provided a host of statistics as proof of the effectiveness of the One Company...
- Michael Hyatt: Changing Nelson. Garrett, Lynn // Publishers Weekly;12/11/2006, Vol. 253 Issue 49, p32
The article reports that since becoming president and COO of Thomas Nelson in 2004, then CEO in 2005, Michael Hyatt has helped bring the Christian publishing company back to profitability. Hyatt announced that Nelson would eliminate all of its imprints and reorganize itself around strategic...
- New Tommy Nelson Head Sees Music, Internet As Source Of Growth. // Book Publishing Report;08/21/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 33, p3
Reports on Christian children's publisher Tommy Nelson executive vice president and managing director Neal Joseph's plans to take the company into the music and the Internet markets.
- Backlist Drove Nelson in 2002. // Publishers Weekly;8/5/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 31, p19
Reports on the backlist titles of publishing company Thomas Nelson for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2002. Information on the acquisition deal of the company with C. R. Acquisition Corp.
- Hyatt Assures No (Other) Changes As Thomas Nelson Goes Private. // Book Publishing Report;2/27/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p1
The article reports that Thomas Nelson Publishers Inc. has signed a definitive agreement to go private in the deal with InterMedia Partners company in the U.S. The terms of the deal include the conversion of each outstanding share of Thomas Nelson's common stock and Class B stock to 29.85...
- Hyatt, Kinde Rise at Nelson. // Publishers Weekly;1/5/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 1, p7
Reports on the promotion of Michael S. Hyatt as president and chief operating officer, and Wayne Kinde as vice president of the religion publishing division at Thomas Nelson Publishers effective February 1, 2004. Career background of the two executives; Contributions of Hyatt to the growth of...
- Nelson Weathers Difficult Fiscal 2000. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;07/31/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 31, p16
Reports on the financial performance of Thomas Nelson Publishers Inc. for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2000. Sales increase in its publishing operations; Reason for the results in the gift operation; Three acquisitions Nelson made in 1999 to boost revenues.
- Thomas Nelson Hoping To Start Industry Trend With Higher Prices. // Book Publishing Report;12/18/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 49, p4
Reports on the decision of publisher Thomas Nelson to raise its prices. Possible triggering of a trend in the Christian book publishing industry; Costs of hardcover books and trade paperbacks starting spring 2001.
- For Thomas Nelson, It's Not The Book, But The Brand. // Book Publishing Report;2/17/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p3
Reports on the strategic plans of the publishing house Thomas Nelson Book Group. Reorganization of the publishing program; Retrenchment of employees; Increase of profitability and revenue.