Still selling after all these years
- Timeless classic. Shalan // Cabinet Maker;09/03/99, Issue 5153, p12
Focuses on the demand for pine bedroom furniture in Great Britain. Decline in the demand for 1999; Predicted sales of the specialty type furniture by the end of the year; Impact of imports on the pine furniture industry; Retail stores selling the furniture in Great Britain.
- Four UK pine manufacturers to close. Lewis, Mark // Cabinet Maker;6/23/2006, Issue 5493, p3
The article reports on the closure of four pine furniture manufacturers in Great Britain in June 2006. Pine has been on the wane for many years, but with the demise of four makers in one month, it could be the beginning of the end for pine furniture manufacturing in Great Britain. The four pine...
- Pining for Good Design. McLean, Vivienne // New Zealand Forest Industries Magazine;Jul99, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p14
Focuses on the design of pine furniture in New Zealand. Reasons of manufacturers for not employing designers; Promotion of New Zealand pine as a furniture material; Reasons for the conservative approach to design in the country. INSETS: Designing export strength;Design lag;In praise of pine.
- Decorating step-by-step. Lynn, Sandra Allen // Southern Living;Mar2000, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p164
Provides information on a technique for aging a piece of pine furniture in order to achieve the look of an antique. Tools for the process; Application of a special glaze; Steps for the process.
- Senkki: maximizing efficiency. // Cabinet Maker;7/13/2001, Issue 5246, p24
Focuses on the production capacity of Senkki, a pine chair manufacturer in Finland. Export of half of the furnitures produced; Preference to create chair models together with customer; Constant investigation of machineries to enhance competitiveness.
- Windows, Doors--and the DÃ©cor. Polson, Mary Ellen // Old-House Interiors;Aug2010, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p63
The article focuses on choosing the right replacement doors and windows that will match the house's interior decorations. It states that choosing wood that is typical in the region where the house is located is the best way in ensuring that the new door will coordinate well. It also states that...
- Miniature Windsor Chair. // Country Living;May2007, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p60
The article presents information about the miniature Windsor sidechair. The chair is made of pine wood, which reveals that it was manufactured in New England. The gold-hued motifs on the chair are stenciled and its bands are hand-painted. According to antiques dealer David Schorsch, it was used...
- CFMA installs 2001 board, honors four. // Furniture/Today;12/18/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 15, p24
No abstract available.
- More case goods than usual introduced in Tupelo. Linville, Jeff // Furniture/Today;3/3/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 26, p18
Describes the furniture industry in Tupelo, Mississippi. Display of furnitures by wood companies previously introduced in San Francisco or High Point; Opportunities for retailers to offer feedbacks on products; Impact of the West Coast dock shutdown to the furniture industry.