- Classroom furniture not fit for 21st century school children. // Education (14637073);11/7/2008, Issue 332, p4
The article discusses out-of-date classroom furniture in Great Britain's schools. The article mentions a report from Charles Clark, the former Education Secretary. Also mentioned in the article are school children's chairs and desks, as well as size measurements for school furniture. The article...
- Governance must strengthen FE sector role in local communities. // Workplace Learning & Skills Bulletin;11/4/2013, Issue 92, p4
The article reports on the need for the British government to strengthen the role of the further education (FE) sector in local communities in Great Britain in 2013.
- Education: the rock and roll years. Walton, Les // Academy Magazine;Autumn2014, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p98
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of working with an education psychologist and education welfare colleagues along with her appointment as a pastoral head in a school.
- Labour set to focus on basic skills. Merrick, Neil // People Management;07/24/97, Vol. 3 Issue 15, p11
Reports on the Labour Party's five-year program which will uplift the children's level of literacy and numeracy in Great Britain. Optimism expressed by employers on the proposed education changes; Impact of the program on under-performing teachers and schools; Literacy and numeracy targets of...
- Is learning by rote set to make a comeback. Warwick, David // People Management;07/24/97, Vol. 3 Issue 15, p45
Expresses concern on the consequences of fact-based curriculum used in teaching children in Great Britain. Failure of the system to prepare children for modern business practices; Need for the children to apply their knowledge.
- Untitled. Coryton, Demitri; Hargreaves, Arabella; Marshall, Michael // Education Parliamentary Monitor;Sep2008, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p837
A subject index for the September 2008 issue of "Education Parliamentary Monitor" is presented.
- Untitled. // Education Parliamentary Monitor;Jul2009, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p831
A subject index for the July 2009 issue of "Education Parliamentary Monitor" is presented.
- Untitled. // Education Parliamentary Monitor;Aug2009, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p861
An index to references and debates in the British parliament as of August 2009 is presented.
- Untitled. // Education Parliamentary Monitor;Sep2009, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p927
A reference index for the September 2009 issue of the periodical "Educational Parliamentary Monitor" is presented.